Any success with Droid contacts being seen on Garmin Nuvi 765T?

bfranker

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I previously had a Windows Mobile phone and the contacts in that phone would show up perfectly in my Garmin Nuvi 765T. However, my Droid doesn't seem to work :( I get a Bluetooth connection because the phone icon pops up and I can make a phone call by pressing the numbers on the Garmin screen but none of the contacts are there.

I know the Droid isn't officially supported on the Garmin website but neither were the other phones I had which did work :) I'm hoping I'm just not doing something correct and others have been successful in being able to see their Droid contacts on their Garmin devices. Any luck out there and if so which model are you using (did see where one guy had a non Nuvi working)?

If it isn't something that currently works, is it something that is even possible with an app that when running could "port" the contacts correctly to the Garmin?

Thanks for any info or suggestions!

OP
B

bfranker

Reaction score
FYI, good news! This actually works right out of the box. I just missed a key step during the pairing process.

Right after the two "connect" there is a breif period where there is a little Bluetooth icon in the notification bar. Swipe this bar down to display the notification and then select the option to allow the Droid's contact list to be sent to the Garmin. If you miss this little step, I don't think you get the option again to do this. I ended up deleting the pairing then re-doing it and was then able to allow this option.

Anyway, just wanted to post back that at least the Nuvi 765T works great with the Droid so long as you don't miss that little notification! :D