Any Chance S4 Firmware Update Coming to Note 2

Semaj

Reaction score
I just read on CNet that Samsung is going to release a firmware update to S4 that will allow apps to be moved to an SD card after users complained about the 16gb models having only 9gb or so of storage left after the OS storage. I sure hope the do the same for the Note 2.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that there was a reason, in Samsung's mind, to do that for the S4 because there were so many complaints that the operating system and stock apps were taking up so much of the 16 GB of memory. And the way I read what they're going to do I'm not certain that moving apps to SD will be available for all apps. With that said, who knows, they may release it for the Note as well

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yes I agree...we shall see if it means all apps allowed...N2 ..I have around 7GB left from the 16GB internal..Although I'm rooted and I can flip storage it would be nice for stock users..

here's more info New Software Update rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy S4, brings enhancements and stability fixes | SamMobile

Improvements and fixes in the new Software Update:
-New Camera firmware
-Smearing issue has been fixed (Purple effect while scrolling)
-Smart Pause Toggle
-Move Apps to SD Card
-HDR Video (Can record HDR video)
-Semi-transparent status bar
-New Icons in Settings
-Secure boot status (About Phone)
-Increase legibility (Display) (New feature)

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Yes I agree...we shall see if it means all apps allowed...N2 ..I have around 7GB left from the 16GB internal..Although I'm rooted and I can flip storage it would be nice for stock users..

How do you flip storage for Root users?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Beans ROM has sd card swap option when installing ROM.. And there is a thread somewhere on Xda with a mod to do the same..

Noted 2x~4 beta
Is that with Stock ROOTED Rom?

jimg50

Reaction score

here's more info New Software Update rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy S4, brings enhancements and stability fixes | SamMobile

Improvements and fixes in the new Software Update:
-New Camera firmware
-Smearing issue has been fixed (Purple effect while scrolling)
-Smart Pause Toggle
-Move Apps to SD Card
-HDR Video (Can record HDR video)
-Semi-transparent status bar
-New Icons in Settings
-Secure boot status (About Phone)
-Increase legibility (Display) (New feature)

They messed up big time. I told verizon to release a 32gig one. I hope the note 3 has 32gig available or I wont upgrade.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I hope we get this for the Note 2. I need to move my Root Uninstaller to SD because my Backups are chewing up the internal memory. I want to stick with a stock rom for now and all I used was CASUAL on mine. :(

blowngtp

Reaction score
Whatever the S4 has will probable saved for the Note 3 plus correct and enhanced in the Note 3.

Sales aren't what they thought for the S4, so only time will tell. Best guess, NO