antivirus for droid

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Geez. I was just giving some suggestions and didnt think i was coming off "grumpy" at all. Sorry =/

On a lighter note, doesn't aloha mean hello and good buy? ;]

I played with lookout just for the feature you speak of bookie, its pretty cool.

Jordan8

Reaction score
I only use lookout cause it helps find my phone when it gets lost in the couch cracks by making it scream lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

This made me lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jhatton

Reaction score
The powers to be at Google have proven that there are no need for viruses on the android phones. Even though its based on the linux operating system. It's just not that popular at the moment for hackers to bother with. But given the growth of popularity, as proven with windows and Mac. Since windows have become so regularly used, so has the virus grown with it, unlike the mac. Time will tell...

jhatton

Reaction score
Give it time...someone will, if it hasn't been already...who knows

suzanne2of3

Reaction score
The best anti virus is lookout i have yested it by getting my friend to send a virus as an apk file and it picked it up straight away
And if u lose ur phone u can track it online and back up ur hole phone all on one app
Hope this helps

Sent from my ZTE-RACER using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No viruses here.

The best anti virus is lookout i have yested it by getting my friend to send a virus as an apk file and it picked it up straight away
And if u lose ur phone u can track it online and back up ur hole phone all on one app
Hope this helps

DroidForums junkie!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope this helps

This is not possible. What virus was this that they sent? One from Microsoft? That wouldn't affect Droid anyway. Did they write a new virus? Well, then they are highly intelligent I'll give them that. But lookout can only detect known viruses, and there simply aren't any.

kathi.g1026

Reaction score
i definitely understand the lack of identified viruses for droid which obviously negates the need for antivirus or software like lookout. i do have a question though: there are a couple of functions of lookout and antivirus that i like which are really unrelated to antivirus function.

i use lookout to track my child's droid 2 (and therefore her) as well as using the scream function when she misplaces it in the house. does anyone have a recommendation of another app for the same functions without antivirus function?

i like the lockscreen message function on antivirus free as well as it's ability to locate the lost phone. does anyone recommend another app for lockscreen message? tracking lost phone and remotely activating gps?

thank you in advance (still learning....)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem! You can keep Lookout and just disable the anti-virus part of it. ;)

i definitely understand the lack of identified viruses for droid which obviously negates the need for antivirus or software like lookout. i do have a question though: there are a couple of functions of lookout and antivirus that i like which are really unrelated to antivirus function.

i use lookout to track my child's droid 2 (and therefore her) as well as using the scream function when she misplaces it in the house. does anyone have a recommendation of another app for the same functions without antivirus function?

i like the lockscreen message function on antivirus free as well as it's ability to locate the lost phone. does anyone recommend another app for lockscreen message? tracking lost phone and remotely activating gps?

thank you in advance (still learning....)

DroidForums junkie!!

Backjudge

Reaction score
I just sneezed on my X. Will it get a virus?

(This was a joke for those too sensitive to get it) dancedroid