Another software upgrade today.

GVLBob

Reaction score
So, it's not KitKat? Bummer. :( However, if it helps with battery life, I'll definitely take it.

Or if it fixes the WiFi issues some people have. Or the KNOW stuff. Or the inability to hear or speak during phone calls. There are several occasional bugs out there.

I just downloaded it myself. Went VERY quick.

Here is some information as to what might be included. The article was dated December 3rd.

"A Samsung Galaxy S4 software update is expected to arrive on most major U.S. carriers in the near future.MK2, an update that resolves sleep mode issues along with some other problems was recently rolled out by Sprint and is expected to hit AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon sometime soon. It also will fix the battery life issues users have been having with the device since updating to Android 4.3."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/galaxy-s4-software-update-coming-to-all-carriers-soon-110005/

Last edited:

silverfang77

Reaction score
Sleep mode issues, like not waking up?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Verizon here. Just got the update about a half-hour ago (Pennsylvania).

I don't notice any difference right away except that I think it added a "Verizon Support and Protection" app (or I never noticed it before). It immediately needs updated. Play Store says it's "FREE" antivirus protection, in other words, the NSA lol. Premium version has phone locator, remote lock and wipe.

Haven't ever had bad battery drain on my Gal4 and my wireless issues were resolved by restarting my Comcast router a couple of weeks ago.

Just wanted to check in and say hi...

Malkavian

Reaction score
Google will do the locate/lock/wipe for free, no reason to pay for Verizon to do it.

Check out manage android devices in the Google play store.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mgrizzy80

Reaction score
Took update few days ago, I have noticed that while battery life is better, I am having more problems with the random disconnects (and inability to reconnect) with wifi.

rastaman_

Reaction score
Just did the update yesterday via Verizon, seems my batter life is worse....... Maybe I'll do a battery pull. I did put a 32G SD card in last night, that shouldn't have a negative affect on my battery life I wouldn't think??

Malkavian

Reaction score
I also thought the battery for worse but after a day or two it seems to be better. I think.

rastaman_

Reaction score
My battery life is worse for sure. At 2 hours 45 minutes off the charger I'm down to 80% and I've only taken one phone call for about 20 minutes. Before the update I could be on the phone constantly and have 80% at around 6 hours usage. Can I uninstall this last update?

tskillz

Reaction score
My battery life is worse for sure. At 2 hours 45 minutes off the charger I'm down to 80% and I've only taken one phone call for about 20 minutes. Before the update I could be on the phone constantly and have 80% at around 6 hours usage. Can I uninstall this last update?
p1ngputts is wrong..The samsung galaxy s4 i545 verizon can in fact be downgraded back to mj7.. BUT NO LOWER THAN MJ7 OR END UP WITH A BRICKED DEVICE!!!!!!you can odin back to mj7 and ota again if you want i tested myself and works...here read this. S4 just updated to VRUEMK2 from MJ7 - Page 5 - xda-developers Could it mean a possible unlocked bootloader i hope so..:icon_ lala:

Last edited:

tielerjon

Reaction score
I got this update yesterday from Verizon. Directly after the update my phone goes to poop. It has since been shutting off constantly, force closing everything, and to top it all off after the update my SD card was completely wiped clean. I'm so mad. A few hundred pics/videos, and about 300 songs

rastaman_

Reaction score
Verizon is worried about every penny instead of happy customers. Excessive bloatware, blocking people from using their phones the way they want.... They think they can make the rules up as they go....

silverfang77

Reaction score
And until there's a class action lawsuit or crackdown by the FCC, they can.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.