another rooting noob, few questions

DizzyMaker

Reaction score
ok so i am going to root my razr for ics, tired of waiting. i have rooting experience but only on droid x and samsung galaxy s. so i have a few questions...

how do i do a stock back up of this phone before i root?
where do i find motofail root files?
what do i need, and how do i unroot?
does the eclipse rom i hear so much about run an ICS build? where do i find the link for this rom?
how do you flash roms on this phone?
any tips after rooting?

thanks!!!

Logan3824

Reaction score
DizzyMaker said:
ok so i am going to root my razr for ics, tired of waiting. i have rooting experience but only on droid x and samsung galaxy s. so i have a few questions...

does the eclipse rom i hear so much about run an ICS build? where do i find the link for this rom?
any tips after rooting?

thanks!!!

Use the rzr utility version 1.60 that is under the hacks forum. Once you get that go ahead and install either safe strap or bootstrap. That will allow you to backup your current settings and once that is done you can go ahead and install a rom. Eclipse runs gingerbread but its a hell of a rom. The links will be under the rom section of the forum....Everything can be found in the RAZR forum.

studiorat

Reaction score
am I mistaken or doesn't Bootstrap, or Safestrap require Root??, I believe the question was how can he back up his current stock system, before Root, in which case Titanium Back up will at least back up his existing Apps, I have never used the app so I can only speak from what i have read, I have never backed up a stock system only back up after root and a few days later after finding my rom set up

Logan3824

Reaction score
studiorat said:
am I mistaken or doesn't Bootstrap, or Safestrap require Root??, I believe the question was how can he back up his current stock system, before Root, in which case Titanium Back up will at least back up his existing Apps, I have never used the app so I can only speak from what i have read, I have never backed up a stock system only back up after root and a few days later after finding my rom set up

From what I know, you can't back up anything without root. But I will saying rooting does nothing to your phone except change permissions for certain things. It only changes when you add things such as a rom. You can still be completely stock and still have root.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
[Rom] Eclipse Razr V1.3 (2/25/12) - DroidRzr.com

here is the only place i know to get this rom

there are a couple probs with this rom nothing major tho it wont crash like others in bata do

i for get what they were i have ran them all like 4 times :biggrin:

this is one of the most stable ones out there.

for bootstraps u need to be rooted by the way. never done safe strap

old DX guy all about bootstraps.

Logan3824
is right all it dose is open up ur phone

but what u do from there on out is all u little buddy.

bootstraps on the razr is a little diff then the DX

i dont know if they changed it yet but the install was all on the sd card it was not hard at all.

if u have more questions

search if u cant find it then post

good luck

bogginblazer

Reaction score

any tips after rooting?

thanks!!!

ok

no stock back up b4 root

fast boot
.748, .173, .181 Fast Boot Files - DROID RAZR/MAXX - droidHIVE Forums
u can use this for untroothttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/181762-how-root-your-motorola-droid-razr-windows-only.html

or this
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.htm

for flashing a rom the people that build them tell you how to do it.

u got thru bootstraps or safe strap.

AS FOR TIPS WELL ONCE U START DOING THIS WE HAVE YOUR SOUL ;)

have fun man and READ everthing u can on your phone.