Another Nexus 6P Bent In Half!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Zack Nelson posted a video where he puts a Nexus 6P through a thorough torture test. He eventually bends the phone in half. The video draws lots of criticism because during the scratch test he actually cracks the glass on the front damaging the structural integrity of the device.

Shortly after the video was uploaded I did a bend test of my own, and had determined the phone was pretty dang sturdy! Max from Zedomax did a more scientific bend test where he placed 90lbs in the center of the device and it did not bend.

Zack has posted another bend test video. According to Zack's new video the phone features a dove joint holding the bottom metal and plastic inside together. This is a weak point when it breaks it destroys the integrity of the phone. The side wall of the phone in the space between the power and volume rockers is also made up of extremely thin aluminum. With enough force it will also rip like paper. Zack is applying an insane amount of pressure on the device to make this bend happen in the fashion it does. While the video is concerning I would not be worried that your phone will bend in half. Unless you go Incredible Hulk on it like Zack!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've done a couple tests on mine, nothing I'm worried about. If it breaks, nexus protect will get a call.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
seriously just about ANYTHING has a weak point and specifically finding that weak point and exploiting it is ridiculous.

the test done with 90lbs the other day was FAR more realistic.

Last edited:

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had to stop watching it when he couldn't figure out that you push the arrow, not swipe it. Especially after trying it a few times...

on the move..

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had to stop watching it when he couldn't figure out that you push the arrow, not swipe it. Especially after trying it a few times...

on the move..
why does it point to the right of you aren't supposed to swipe it?

because it's pointing onwards to the next screen sherlock.... /facepalm

man I wish I could afford to buy and destroy two phones for YouTube.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
why does it point to the right of you aren't supposed to swipe it?

because it's pointing onwards to the next screen sherlock.... /facepalm

man I wish I could afford to buy and destroy two phones for YouTube.
Dude has destroyed 2 of them already & I'm over here waiting for the damn UPS people to get their heads out of their rears and bring me mine.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is no worse than the iPhone 6/6 Plus when they came out. Don't walk around with it in your pocket and sit down. It is a sensitive electronic device.

Also, don't bend your phone intentionally.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
this is no worse than the iPhone 6/6 Plus when they came out. Don't walk around with it in your pocket and sit down. It is a sensitive electronic device.

Also, don't bend your phone intentionally.
*Back pocket. My front pocket doesn't bend phones. I also don't wear jeans so tight you can tell my religion though.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I've seen a lot of people comparing this to the iPhone 6 "bendgate," however I do not think they are comparable, unless the 6P also bends inside of tight pants pockets like the iPhone 6 purportedly did. I consider myself to be a pretty strong guy, I go to the gym daily and I deal with some heavy weights. I am confident that I could probably wreck havoc to any phone that I tried to bend in this fashion. So a phone being able to bend when someone does this is not shocking to me in the slightest. It's when a phone bends while it is doing something you do day to day, such as carrying it in your pocket, that is much more of a flaw in my opinion.

Now, if we find that people wearing tight jeans are seeing some bendage in the 6p from being in their pocket, then I will call question to this product. Not because of these flimsy "tests."

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, that same guy has bend videos for all the premium phones.
Galaxy S6 -> iPhone 6s -> OnePlus Two -> HTC One M9 ->
All the phones can be bent to failure.
This doesn't prove anything but.... Don't Bend Your Phone!!!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just FYI, that same guy has bend videos for all the premium phones.
Galaxy S6 -> iPhone 6s -> OnePlus Two -> HTC One M9 ->
All the phones can be bent to failure.
This doesn't prove anything but.... Don't Bend Your Phone!!!
Stop spreading his crap videos! All you're gonna do is get him more views for this ridiculousness.