another music experience question ....

zero7404

Reaction score
there is something in the metadata of some songs i put on my fone, its causing tracks from the same album to be listed individually in album view .... its annoying.

each track i put on the phone is from itunes, i just dragged folders over. and the filenames begin with track numbers, but the music app wont list the tracks as filenames, it looks like its able to interpret metadata, but the default structuring system android uses is screwed up ....

i tried a dozen players, only doubletwist can list my albums correctly ... i dont like using doubletwist. so while im on cm7.1, is there a patch or mod to the databases i can make to set it up so i can view my songs the way i want on my phone ?

sent via android

PappaFloyd

Reaction score
there is something in the metadata of some songs i put on my fone, its causing tracks from the same album to be listed individually in album view .... its annoying.

each track i put on the phone is from itunes, i just dragged folders over. and the filenames begin with track numbers, but the music app wont list the tracks as filenames, it looks like its able to interpret metadata, but the default structuring system android uses is screwed up ....

i tried a dozen players, only doubletwist can list my albums correctly ... i dont like using doubletwist. so while im on cm7.1, is there a patch or mod to the databases i can make to set it up so i can view my songs the way i want on my phone ?

sent via android

No patch yet, I have a lot of music on my phone in the WMA format that doesn't play or show up correctly in CM7, its being looked at but no fix yet. What build are you running?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
No patch yet, I have a lot of music on my phone in the WMA format that doesn't play or show up correctly in CM7, its being looked at but no fix yet. What build are you running?

it doesn't matter anymore because i bricked my phone. when the replacement comes in i won't be using any custom roms, so i'll just deal with however motorola handles music on the X with the stock rom.

PappaFloyd

Reaction score
it doesn't matter anymore because i bricked my phone. when the replacement comes in i won't be using any custom roms, so i'll just deal with however motorola handles music on the X with the stock rom.

Its totally bricked, you can't get into the bootloader and SBF at all? What happened?

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i took the 621 update, then tried cm9 which stuck my phone @ the M logo. it wound up at the bootloader screen with an error message. cannot unbrick without a full 621 sbf, which doesn't exist.

PappaFloyd

Reaction score
i took the 621 update, then tried cm9 which stuck my phone @ the M logo. it wound up at the bootloader screen with an error message. cannot unbrick without a full 621 sbf, which doesn't exist.

Ya, that'll do it! Another DX bites the dust..