Another issue...mail not syncing

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Yep, my issues with this S6 are piling up. I hate to say it but so far, this has been the most problematic device I've owned.

My Gmail continuously fails to automatically sync, even though the auto-sync is always turned on. Yes, I leave the phone on Airplane Mode but wifi is turned on so I should still get mail notifications. I toggle the sync and THEN it sees the mail. Even when I go back onto the mobile network it still won't see mail until I toggle the sync setting. This morning I opened a browser on my PC and my Gmail showed 4 messages waiting...but there was no notification on the phone.

I have cleared Gmail's cache, I've rebooted, why is the sync not working? This device is really starting to frustrate me with all these little issues. I've done one full reset on it and things haven't seemed to get better; I don't think another reset would do anything. I feel I'm stuck with this thing though...no equipment protection, I've had it for over a month...can I still take it to a VZW store and get them to swap it?

wardo

Reaction score
My Gmail ran out of memory. It took about 7 hours for it to work after upping the gigs

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My Gmail ran out of memory. It took about 7 hours for it to work after upping the gigs
How big is your gmail? I've had mine since beta invite and I'm only 2GB.