another battery life question - hard browsing

mooseroach

Reaction score
What kind of battery life should i expect if i just turn on the phone and browse hard with 4g and screen brightness turned down to 0? Basically i work at a job where i do hardcore browsing because its boring as hell and wondering if my battery is acting properly. Phone was1 at 15% after 1 hour streaming tune in radio and probably 4 or 5 hours constant browsing hard usage.

Just been reading that people get 15 hours and stuff and want to make sure battery isnt gimped

Thanks!

Empire

Reaction score
Well, I've found I can get about 12-14 hours on my battery before it gets down to 20% or less. That's with 4G being used all day, constant back and forth use between browser/twitter/tapatalk and a few games/misc. apps here and there (and a few calls thrown in to boot :)).

Still don't get how some people say they're getting over 24 hours with it unless they go out of their way to limit use or make other adjustments.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moving to the battery sub forum...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

ryanr509

Reaction score
mooseroach said:
What kind of battery life should i expect if i just turn on the phone and browse hard with 4g and screen brightness turned down to 0? Basically i work at a job where i do hardcore browsing because its boring as hell and wondering if my battery is acting properly. Phone was1 at 15% after 1 hour streaming tune in radio and probably 4 or 5 hours constant browsing hard usage.

Just been reading that people get 15 hours and stuff and want to make sure battery isnt gimped

Thanks!

The reason people get 15 or 20 hours is because they aren't a heavy user. I always rack up about 2.5 hours of screen on time in the first 8-10 hours that my phone is on and it will need a charge. I have a friend with the same phone a RAZR and it takes him 15 hours to get 2.5 hours of screen on time so it seems like his battery last longer but in reality we both get the same screen on usage time its just I get there faster than him because I am a heavier user.