Annoying SMS warning mesage

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
I've tried battery pulls, handcent, chompSMS, you name it. I'm even using a custom ROM (Smoked Glass 6.0.1). And yes, I've tried Simply Stunning 2.0.3, Bugless Beast v.8, Ultimate Droid 7.8. Same message pops up, and no I don't spam lol.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find a resolution to this? I'm hitting it with closer to 50 texts/hour.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the Google framework cache from the applications menu? Most of the time when people have issues with the messaging app this works for them. Try also clearing out the message app cache save any important messages before doing that step.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure anything out on this? I would suspect its actually a feature of your Motorola messenger apk. I would be curious if you have the same issue on the AOKP/AOSP version. Are you running a stock version of Android, or a ROM?

Thanks!

Did anyone ever find a resolution to this? I'm hitting it with closer to 50 texts/hour.

alexb12

Reaction score
The message you see is a standard Android notification and it is used as a security feature to prevent fraudulant apps from sending too many SMS messages. And yes - it annoys a lot of people. The standard limit is 30 messages/hour, although it varies according to your vendor/ROM. If you wish to remove that notification completely there are apps on Google Play like SMS Limit Unlock that can do that. They require that you have root access to the device, but if you have (if you don't - just root your device) it's really simple to remove.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mittelmanapps.smslimitunlock
Good luck!