Annoying notification won't go away/WI-FI not working

DC4MVP

Reaction score
So, I tried DLing TuneIn radio last night. It said I needed WIFI to download the app. I tried connecting to my router but it just says "Authenticating" then goes right to "disconnected" It worked fine for my Droid 1 two weeks ago now it won't work on my 3...

Then, when it told me I needed wifi to DL TuneIn, a little orange notification triangle popped up on the notification bar. I, for the life of me, cannot get it to go away. I tried canceling the download, reboot, battery pull, etc. It won't go away.

It's really starting to annoy me.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
So, I tried DLing TuneIn radio last night. It said I needed WIFI to download the app. I tried connecting to my router but it just says "Authenticating" then goes right to "disconnected" It worked fine for my Droid 1 two weeks ago now it won't work on my 3...

Then, when it told me I needed wifi to DL TuneIn, a little orange notification triangle popped up on the notification bar. I, for the life of me, cannot get it to go away. I tried canceling the download, reboot, battery pull, etc. It won't go away.

It's really starting to annoy me.

There can be allot here to look at. Assuming you have tried the basics (reset the router, confirm the settings...) and you've been connected to that wireless network with that d3 before, sounds like you could have a hardware fault, you might try a factory reset before you take it back though.

OP
D

DC4MVP

Reaction score
There can be allot here to look at. Assuming you have tried the basics (reset the router, confirm the settings...) and you've been connected to that wireless network with that d3 before, sounds like you could have a hardware fault, you might try a factory reset before you take it back though.

I've never been connected via Droid 3 but via my Droid 1 about a week ago.

Have you tried force stopping the market and clearing its cache?

Yep. Still there.

EDIT: I'm just gunna do a Factory Reset see if that solves the issues. Should solve the notification one...hopefully the WiFi one as well

senate9690

Reaction score
Could also be a problem with Backup Assistant not syncing correctly

::EDIT:: or another account by chance... maybe trying logging out and back into your accounts

dazoe

Reaction score
I have seen my wifi do that, but only when I mistype the password. A factory reset will forget the network and make you type the password again. But you could just select the network and tell it to forget then try the password again.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I have seen my wifi do that, but only when I mistype the password. A factory reset will forget the network and make you type the password again. But you could just select the network and tell it to forget then try the password again.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I agree with that. There are other things to try before resetting. If you have a secure network then the password could be wrong. If you've hidden the SSID there could be other things happening (like a wrong SSID).

carissayy

Reaction score
Im new to this site, and having the same problem.

Droid x2;
I was trying to download a silent boot app so my phone doesn't restart in the middle of class and say drroiiid really loud. I have been having problems downloading apps recently, but now I can't get the orange triangle to go away. I too have tried to restart my phone, take out my memory card, leaving it off or a period of time, etc. But nothing seems go be working. It wont let me cancel the app in the market, it just closes me out.
Any help? I dont mean to barge int your post, but im doing this off my droid and couldn't figure out how to make a post. My bad.
Also, I don't want to factory reset my phone because of all the apparently and music I have that are not on my memory card.

Twitter- @carissayy

riversong

Reaction score
i had the same problem recently, only mine stopped working while downloading an update for an app.
i just went to 'manage applications' and deleted all the updates for that app, and the orange triangle went away. don't know if this helps, but there you go!