Annoying issue

whoisit84

Reaction score
Alright since i put the OTA update to 2.2 on my Droid X whenever i make a call i get a female voice that says Verizon Wireless then it dials the number. I searched all over the call settings but could not find anything to turn it on or off. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I did a quick search of the forums but did not see anything relevant so i apologize if this is a duplicate thread for this.
Also would like to add i have only had the phone for about a month and still learning the in and outs of the Android OS but loving it

Thanks for any help

lewwill

Reaction score
Alright since i put the OTA update to 2.2 on my Droid X whenever i make a call i get a female voice that says Verizon Wireless then it dials the number. I searched all over the call settings but could not find anything to turn it on or off. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I did a quick search of the forums but did not see anything relevant so i apologize if this is a duplicate thread for this.
Also would like to add i have only had the phone for about a month and still learning the in and outs of the Android OS but loving it

Thanks for any help
Found this on the Verizon forum.

csalmjs
Copper Contributor

Device: Droid X

message_type_solution.png
Re: Female Voice saying "Verizon Wireless" keeps playing for no apparent reason.

Options

07-19-2010 04:45 PM
Hey There

I had the same problem to a certain degree with my Droid X. It wouldnt go off random times..only when I received or made calls and yes it is extremely annoying. Laubbin is right about this. A voice is set to go off when you come in and out of service(something like that). Go to Settings..Sound and Display..and Uncheck "roaming tone". You should see it there and it should be already checked but go ahead and uncheck it. This should take care of the problem. I cant be 100 percent certain as my problem was only during calls but it has worked for me and i havent had a problem with it since.

Report inappropriate content
Message 6 of 11 (1,947 Views)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to Settings->Sound->Roaming Tone

A quick google and I can confirm this is the solution to this issue. Thank you lewwill for providing the answer. I know this has been discussed many times in the Droid Forums as well.

OP
W

whoisit84

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. this worked and now no more female voice before a call lol.dancedroid