Annoying beeps & sounds

rhansen42

Reaction score
How do I turn off the beeps and sounds that occur when ANYTHING happens on the phone? The ONLY way to stop them is to turn off the MEDIA volume. I have turned off "audible touch tone", "audible selection", and "sound on keypress" but still the sounds continue when the media volume is turned on. I took out the battery - still happening.

prblmchld615

Reaction score
same

I am having the same exact problem i just got a new droid my other one broke and that one didnt do it but its driving me nuts

ShowTime

Reaction score
Are you talking about notification sounds when you receive texts, emails and such? General notifications can be turned off through menu > settings > sound and display. For other specific apps (email, etc), you'll need to open the app, then hit the menu key and go from there.
Not sure what other sounds you'd be talking about when you've already turned off what you said you did.

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Hard to id what sounds

Hard to give you exact advice without knowing exactly you are referring to.

For example, yes, there are multiple volume adjustments. Ringer and Media are separate settings. This is a nice feature. I am particular about my media setting as that governs volume when I have my ear phones in. So I like knowing my media volume is set at my preference for listening to music.

Most everything you should need to configure for sound can be found by navigating to Menu, Settings and then Sounds and Display.

If it is the venerable 'Droid' announcement that is bothering you than you can turn notifications off. It is the default notification.

prblmchld615

Reaction score
i have figured it out!!!....go to accessability and turn it off... thats whats making the noises....specifically the soundback option

OP
R

rhansen42

Reaction score
That's IT!!

Yes, I too found that accessibility - soundback OFF - did the trick. It must be a limited problem has there are no other posts about this issue. Thanks for your time - glad that is fixed!!!

shortfuse12

Reaction score
im a new member too and went nuts over that annoying beep, then i saw it was my EMAIL notifier open up ur email, not GMAIL 3rd row email check frequency click on never or an hour depending on how u want it. unless u really want to disable the sounds