'Andy' Can Help You 'Find your Car' or 'Escape from Your Ex' with ToothTag

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
toothtag-neuaer.png

An incredibly innovative new app called ToothTag is soon to grace the Android market. This app, which was created by a company called 'NeuAer', seems to have an endless variety of uses, hindered only by your creativity. It utilizes WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC technology to create tags for items, places, events, and people in your life. It takes the idea of location-based services a step further by actually showing you what's in your immediate surroundings in novel and creative ways that you can customize.

An example of how it works might be:
  • You park your car and then set a Google Maps pin of the location. Then, when you return to your car later, you can set a custom recording to start telling you that 'you are getting warmer' as you get close to it.
  • Another example could be; You go to a party that you have previously tagged, and can check in with ToothTag to see which of your friends that you also tagged are already there, or you can even set it to start playing a 'warning' song when someone, like your ex for instance, is in a predefined proximity to you. 'Darth Vader's Imperial Death March' comes to mind as a good choice of song for this particular situation.
  • Or, perhaps there is a person at work that always talks your ear off. You could set your phone to 'call' you with a ring-tone, and escape from the annoying person by 'having to take an important phone call.'
You are really only limited by your imagination. This app seems to have amazing possibilities. Share some of your ideas in the forums.

Source: Yahoo! News and NeuAer

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Can you have it sync with another phone so...say...you're with your wife and it will sense via GPS and synced over 3G that your girlfriend is close by too? You know, only as an example.

riko540

Reaction score
Thats a very interesting app. I might look into it.

PikaCane

Reaction score
I'd think it would have to, unless the friends at the party in the second example were already passed out and you had hit them with geotags ;-)

Never did get the whole 'keep the wife from the gf' thing. My boyfriend's other girlfriend and I are very good friends.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

donzz

Reaction score
I'd think it would have to, unless the friends at the party in the second example were already passed out and you had hit them with geotags ;-)

Never did get the whole 'keep the wife from the gf' thing. My boyfriend's other girlfriend and I are very good friends.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Do you live in Utah?;)

beneharris

Reaction score
this seems real interesting. although it is one of those that requires everyone else to have it installed before it is useful. unless i misread it. either way, its pretty cool looking

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im not a fan of this... I always have all of that off to save my battery. lol, interesting idea in theory but i know for a fact that this app would be usueless with all that off. I really dont like the idea of social things like this either. It looks stalker friendly though. And to the wife and gfriend remarks, haha, i giggled. The last thing a cheater needs is a location based thing where both the people know where you are. Im sure you COULD set it up to where your "private" but try explaining to the wife why you can see her spot but she cant see yours.....maybe if you did it without her noticing? haha, still bad news.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
All of this "social" crap is just a way to track you,your friends, and everywhere you go.

geoff5093

Reaction score
All of this "social" crap is just a way to track you,your friends, and everywhere you go.
And I love it.

It seems that in order to get the accuracy detailed enough to tell you when you are near someone, it will have to use the GPS. Having the GPS on constantly, or even every few minutes will really kill the battery fast. I use Google Latitude but that only uses your network location when it's hidden so it's not a huge killer on battery.