Android Wear TAG Heuer Watch Coming in Fall; Will Supposedly Cost $1,400 and Include 40 Hour Battery

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tag-heuer-watches.jpg

If this latest intel from Bloomberg is true, then we don't know what sort of sorcery the Swiss watch maker TAG Heuer has up their sleeve, but we can't wait to see it. Just as reported previously, the famous premium luxury watch-maker is developing an Android Wear smartwatch. Bloomberg's latest report shares a few interesting details about the device.

According to their sources, the TAG Heuer Android Wear smartwatch watch will include a battery that is good for a 40 hour charge. That would be considerably longer than the usual Android Wear devices we have seen so far.

That isn't the only detail revealed in their report. We also now have word that the TAG Heuer smartwatch will likely retail for a truly premium $1,400.00 USD, and will be available for purchase in October or November. How many of our members would be tempted to grab a TAG Heuer Android Wear smartwatch?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Looks awesome, but I agree with whoever said it in another thread...It's outrageous to think that this is a good investment with how quickly the internals of these kinds of devices become outdated. Unless they plan to produce a "snap-in" replacement that fits in this band/bezel setup every year or 2, I don't see this idea taking off.

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
i second the above, 1400 is crazy. im still skeptical of 350 for lg

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Looks awesome, but I agree with whoever said it in another thread...It's outrageous to think that this is a good investment with how quickly the internals of these kinds of devices become outdated. Unless they plan to produce a "snap-in" replacement that fits in this band/bezel setup every year or 2, I don't see this idea taking off.
"Some people are stupid rich." So a certain small group probably won't care.

whippleman

Reaction score
I agree with what everyone else said, but man those sure do look sexy lol.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, TAG is a nice timepiece. From that perspective, I'm nor sure out-dated internals is really a concern, because that's not really an every day watch, anyway. For business, perhaps you'd wear it daily. For that price, I'd rather have a real crystal face than an LCD....would have to comapre side-by-side to see if you can tell a difference.

Those do look good, but to me the biggest selling point for a smartwatch is for fitness...but at $1400 I'm not wearing that to the gym!

But I still don't get smart watches. The gym is about the only place I can think of where I'd prefer to interact with the watch over my smartphone (because I'd want to leave the phone at home). Everywhere else my phone goes on the desk/console/table as soon a I sit down.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, TAG is a nice timepiece. From that perspective, I'm nor sure out-dated internals is really a concern, because that's not really an every day watch, anyway. For business, perhaps you'd wear it daily. For that price, I'd rather have a real crystal face than an LCD....would have to comapre side-by-side to see if you can tell a difference.

Those do look good, but to me the biggest selling point for a smartwatch is for fitness...but at $1400 I'm not wearing that to the gym!

But I still don't get smart watches. The gym is about the only place I can think of where I'd prefer to interact with the watch over my smartphone (because I'd want to leave the phone at home). Everywhere else my phone goes on the desk/console/table as soon a I sit down.
It takes a bit of time for old muscle memory(reaching for phone) to be replaced by new muscle memory (reaching for watch). The old never really goes away, just you develop new. Sort of like switching from regular squats to Sumo squats.
As far as the watch in the op, too blingy for my jeans and t shirt lifestyle. Maybe bury me in it cuz that'll probably be the next time I wear a suit. Battery life won't matter then either.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I agree as well. I don't think I would invest $1400. in a device that will most likely be outdated in 6 months.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
These watches are not targeted at the average person. They are targeted at Tag buyers. They will sell very well.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
These watches are not targeted at the average person. They are targeted at Tag buyers. They will sell very well.
Agree. People will buy them not thinking about obsolescence.

Valvoline

Reaction score
only matter of time before we see a project ara android wear iteration. all pieces will be exchangeable

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It takes a bit of time for old muscle memory(reaching for phone) to be replaced by new muscle memory (reaching for watch).

It has nothing to do with muscle memory. My phone is within arms reach almost always except when I'm in the shower or a the gym. Why in the world would I want to attempt to read something on a tiny LCD when my smartphone is right there?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just in case you need to text while 100 feet underwater scuba diving. :)
I've had 2 tags in 20 years. First one was a gift. Wore it for 15 years. Treated myself to another one after I retired from the air force. Great watches. Not so sure I'd buy one with android wear. I also see that becoming obsolete.

Reactions: cr6