Android upgrades analysis

Big Ry

Reaction score

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Pretty much useless data. Android, as we know it, is way too new for any reliable data in this area. Not to mention, I question the validity of the data. It was said that up until november 2010, moto released 4 devices that weren't preinstalled with 2.2...um which phones are these? None of this ads up.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Google it, they are there. The blocking of updates in order to promote new phones will probably lead to a class action eventually, not the fact that they are not providing updates but the fact that they are actively breaking the phones of people who try to self update.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Big Ry

Reaction score
Pretty much useless data. Android, as we know it, is way too new for any reliable data in this area. Not to mention, I question the validity of the data. It was said that up until november 2010, moto released 4 devices that weren't preinstalled with 2.2...um which phones are these? None of this ads up.

Google it, they are there. The blocking of updates in order to promote new phones will probably lead to a class action eventually, not the fact that they are not providing updates but the fact that they are actively breaking the phones of people who try to self update.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I know samsung is doing it.

But that doesn't explain the supposed 4 moto devices that launched between january and november in 2010 without 2.2...and how that coupled with the actual 2.2 devices released, gives them the percentage that they calculated....

Out just doesn't ad up.

I know samsung is screwing people over though, that's no news.

OP
Captain Canuck
Reaction score
It adds up when you take into account the wireless carriers have an acceptance process that requires the vetting of all new builds before being rolled out. This process can and does take months in some instances.

This time frame is further lengthened with the mods and "enhancements" made to the vanilla build by the various manufacturers for the carriers.

Irregardless of whether you think this adds up, it is an interesting comparative analysis that does shed some light on the differences between manufacturers and carriers.

CC

Last edited: