Android/PSP phone in the works!?

azules9780

Reaction score
I saw a small section in Game Informer magazine on this rumored to be upcoming device. I googled it and found quite a bit of information on it from there as well. It supposed to be produced by Ericcson running Gingerbread with 1Ghz processor, possibly even the dualcore 1.5Ghz processor. It will supposedly have great screen resolution with a Samsung like display and be between 3.7"-4.1". It will be a slider with buttons inside like a PSP so you have the whole screen to view without your fingers getting in the way. It will also have access to the PSN market and obviously the marketplace. Along with having a 5mp camera but they say that could change, hopefully for the better.

I think this phone has the potential to be a gamechanger! I'm in especially if it is on Verizon and has LTE capabilities. If it's not, then I don't want it.

What are your thoughts?

Here are some links

Exclusive: Sony Ericsson to introduce Android 3.0 gaming platform and PSP Go-like smartphone -- Engadget

Sony Ericsson to develop Android/PSP phone? | Crave - CNET

Sony Planning PSP Phone, Android 3.0 Gaming Platform? - PCWorld

and a link to the google in case you're really lazy

Google

Codiusprie

Reaction score
This made the rounds on video game forums a few weeks ago, I think it is a horrible idea but I am in the minority.

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
I thought it was probably old information since I saw it in a mag but i had not seen anything on it anywhere else until then so who knows! My question to you is what are you reasons for it being a horrible idea? I'm not trying to attack you in anyway, just trying to understand your perspective.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Those articles are all from August 11/12, and I haven't heard anything since so I'm just assuming this was just a rumor.

everstar80

Reaction score
I really like the concept of combining the two devices. All my old phones used to be samsung and it would make them a formidable force in the android devices if samsung had an android with a full qwerty keyboard.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
fated to be the next Nokia N-gage if this happens.

stick to separate devices

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
dezymond,

not trying to attack your position but opening channels for discussion here when I say this; if you think keeping devices is separate is ideal, then why did you buy a smartphone? It is for all intents and purposes, a handheld computer that makes phone calls and happens to handle navigation duties at the same time.

I'll say again, I think it could be great and has the potential to make things even better.And I'm sure missteps were learned from the last time this was tried. Innovation is awesome!