android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly

fordee11

Reaction score
hey guys.. i installed a gingerbread theme today, and now every couple minutes i get a message saying "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly"

any ideas?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont have an answer but my link will take you to our sister forum and an rs member can help you with it. They specialize in the fascinate being they have the device.

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score
running sc 2.9.1

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I would try starting from scratch and wipe everything again. Just a weird bug.

sc 2.9v
honeycomb theme

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score
i reflashed sc and so far it hasnt showed up

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

k rock

Reaction score
hey guys.. i installed a gingerbread theme today, and now every couple minutes i get a message saying "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly"

any ideas?

What gingerbread theme?

Sent from my SC'd NitroHC V.2 Fascinate

wil318466

Reaction score
This might be due to flashing the wrong install over an incompatible Kernel. I did this with dj05 and dj09, flashing an incompatible rom.

Be careful that you are sure you are flashing a compatible ROM.

smackyjack

Reaction score
I get the "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly" error message at least twice a day and sometimes more. I have tried the following methods that were recommended on other Android forum threads:

settings> apps> all: click download manager and clear data and cache
and
settings> apps> all: click media storage and clear data and cache

But I still keep getting the error message intermittently (daily). I am not sure what is causing the error message and the ramifications. My Verizon GNex is not rooted. I have had the phone since December 15th, but this issue didn't start until a couple weeks ago. Not sure if it is due to a conflict with one of the downloaded apps. Other than this nuisance, I love the phone. I greatly appreciate feedback and suggestions.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I get the "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly" error message at least twice a day and sometimes more. I have tried the following methods that were recommended on other Android forum threads:

settings> apps> all: click download manager and clear data and cache
and
settings> apps> all: click media storage and clear data and cache

But I still keep getting the error message intermittently (daily). I am not sure what is causing the error message and the ramifications. My Verizon GNex is not rooted. I have had the phone since December 15th, but this issue didn't start until a couple weeks ago. Not sure if it is due to a conflict with one of the downloaded apps. Other than this nuisance, I love the phone. I greatly appreciate feedback and suggestions.

I hate to recommend this, but if it was my phone I would do a Factory Data Reset. Backup your personal stuff on your sdcard to a pc first.

Factory Data Resets have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install.

Good luck.

thinkdifferent25

Reaction score
smackyjack: Please let us know if this works...

smackyjack: Please let us know if this works...

I'm having the same issue. If you're going to go through the hassle of resetting your GalNex, please spare me of the pain and let me know.

Thanks!!

smackyjack

Reaction score
Haven't done the reset yet.

I am waiting on the reset. I only received the error message once today and I still don't have any idea how (or if) it is affecting performance on the GNex. I appreciate the advice from BayouFlyFisher, but I think that I will wait for the next ICS update and see if that cures the issue. I will update this thread if I change my mind.

captdroid

Reaction score
I actually had this happening same errors when I first got my Gnex. The Verizon guy that got the phone ready skiped the google login when first activating the phone and starting up for the first time. Don't know if that had anything to do with it. But after doing a factory reset and then logging in straight away to google after initializing the stock ROM again havn't seen the problem since. And I had done the OTA 4.0.2 update soon as I got home. Anyway a factory reset seemed to fix it and then doing things as normal when using the phone for the first time.

smackyjack

Reaction score
Well I finally gave in. I did a factory reset today. So far no error messages.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums