Android Phone memory card is in RAW

Cedric423

Reaction score
My Android phone memory card is shown as RAW on my laptop. All the stored photos and texts cannot be accessed before formatting. The computer Chkdsk also cannot be launched for the RAW file system problem. But, I really want to access these photos there. Do you have any way for me to re-access them? Any idea could be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I did some research and you will need to convert the files. Seems RAW is just a different format. Look for a conversion app or do it on your PC. You will need to change your camera settings from RAW to JPG as well to avoid future issues.

Elijah454

Reaction score
Do you insert this memory card with your Android phone? If so, you may use a card Reader to try again. If you still get the RAW file system problems. You may get some card problems.
But, don’t worry! It may be not so serious.
As to your stored photos, just download a memory card data recovery tool to your computer and restore them as many as possible, such as Recuva, 4Card Recovery, PhotoRec and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.
As to this RAW memory card, you can try to format this card after data recovery and check whether it can be fixed.
In the future, you’d better timely upload your photos, texts and more things to your computer drive in case of similar data loss problems.

Bertram562

Reaction score
The RAW file system problem is often not as serious as you think. It often can be easily fixed by re-formatting. But, considering about the safety of your photos and texts inside, you’d better try to rescue them back at first with data recovery software.

Here are steps for you:
1). Do not overwrite or format this memory card before data recovery.
2). Insert this card to computer and use your selected data recovery tool to scan it deeply.
3). Save and back up all restored data on another drive or card in case of data loss.
4). Format this card to fix its RAW file system problem.

Here is a related article that can let you know more things about data recovery:
freeware-fix.blogspot.com/2013/03/memory-card-recovery.html
I hope it can help you a lot.

PS: Always back up important data well in the future.