Android Pay doesn't

eshef

Reaction score
I have an LG V10. I activated Android Pay (and got a letter from my bank acknowledging it) but when I tried it at 3 different places I couldn't get it to work. I finally took it to the Verizon store where they fiddled with it for over an hour, reading the instructions and watching the YouTube (which I had already done). They even got the Verizon Tech Coach involved, which didn't help at all. Finally after one gentleman spent 30 minutes moving the phone and waiting it did work. Since then I have tried it again several times to no avail. Obviously fiddling around at the register for half an hour is not feasible. I was wondering if this is an LG problem or if you have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Can't say whether it's an issue with LG or not, but I've used it successfully (and without much hassle at all) at several different places with a Samsung Note 4 and a Huawei Nexus 6P. I also may have used an S3. Can't remember if I used Pay while using that phone as a backup or not.

In any case, the biggest thing is to make sure you know where the NFC chip in the phone is. That will narrow down what part of the phone you have to move around on the machine at the store. I'm having trouble finding any good picture of where it's located, so maybe someone else here that has one can be of more help with that...

OP
E

eshef

Reaction score
The user manual shows the NFC point as being right in the middle and says tap the back of the phone at this point to transfer data etc. Hopefully that will solve the problem! Thank you for the suggestion.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The other obstacle is that many cashiers don't know exactly where the nfc chip in their devices are. But, it makes it easier to move your phone around on the machine with the location of the phone's chip in mind.