Android Market wifi

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ok so i noticed that in order to download apps from the market, i have to be on wifi at all times. everytime i download something, i get a FAIL message and tells me i have to be on wifi to download the app. what if im not in a wifi network? is there a way to disable this damn thing

D

dankarlinski

Some large games or apps will require you to be on wifi because, of the large size.

no way around it
Sent from my Liberated Droid2 (2.0.1)

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
But that's where the problem lies...it asks me for wifi for all apps...small or big in size...I was downloading a live wallpaper and it still asked for wifi

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I have no issues downloading over WiFi or 3G. Try *228 option 2.

I did have an issue on my Droid one time where I had to log out of GTalk to make downloading from the Market work. Very strange...I found it during a google search posted by a Google Tech saying to sign in or out of the app if getting failed downloads. Thought it was strange but as soon as I signed out, all was well.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have no issues downloading over WiFi or 3G. Try *228 option 2.

I did have an issue on my Droid one time where I had to log out of GTalk to make downloading from the Market work. Very strange...I found it during a google search posted by a Google Tech saying to sign in or out of the app if getting failed downloads. Thought it was strange but as soon as I signed out, all was well.

But I have no problem dowloading either. I just don't want to have to be on wifi all the time to be able to download an app no matter what size. This wasn't a problem on my droid 2

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
check this in settings..

settings>Battery and data manager>Data saver make sure you set it to off otherwise it restricts the browser, gallery, email and market to only doing certain things on wi-fi only, also check the data delivery menu option, make sure data is enabled over the mobile network. It sounds like you have the data saver on, if it isn't on try turning it on rebooting, then turning it off its worth a shot. hope this clears it up

ok so i noticed that in order to download apps from the market, i have to be on wifi at all times. everytime i download something, i get a FAIL message and tells me i have to be on wifi to download the app. what if im not in a wifi network? is there a way to disable this damn thing

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Did you miss the "or" in my post :)

No problems on 3G or WiFi.

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...CM7 style...

No I read your post. But I'm not having problems with my connections though, that's what I'm trying to tell you.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
check this in settings..

settings>Battery and data manager>Data saver make sure you set it to off otherwise it restricts the browser, gallery, email and market to only doing certain things on wi-fi only, also check the data delivery menu option, make sure data is enabled over the mobile network. It sounds like you have the data saver on, if it isn't on try turning it on rebooting, then turning it off its worth a shot. hope this clears it up

Aah yes...thanks a lot man problem solved. It was getting annoying to have to turn on my wifi all the time...I'm not a big wifi user so yea lol

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
I got mine at work today, started downloading apps on 3G, picked up WiFi when I got home and had no issues with that.

A few updates on WiFi tonight once again no problems.

DANOinSD

Reaction score
Data Saver

Data Saver Mode be Damned! Just another double edged sword!!

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
check this in settings..

settings>Battery and data manager>Data saver make sure you set it to off otherwise it restricts the browser, gallery, email and market to only doing certain things on wi-fi only,

+1 - not sure how mine got turned on, but this morning it was restricting me, even on things like Twitter updates and Go Launcher updates.

But Woodyman to the rescue, once again! Thanks

Hemarr

Reaction score
Awesome

check this in settings..

Awesome that was it it now works on both, WiFi and G4 Thank you so much