Android Market- Beautiful Widgets

CatsTide

Reaction score
Your purchase history is stored on the web. If you sign in on the Google home page then go to settings>checkout>home you should see all your purchases with a brief summary. Not sure if it will help but it is worth a shot.
very cool...i didn't know that:)

Reaction score
Ya' gotta call Google. They keep a huge log of everything everyone's downloaded. a Verizon rep. told me that when I got a new phone and the paid apps weren't there.

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
And if all else fails I can always roll back to one of my previous restores, update Beautiful(assuming the accounts are still linked), run Titanium Backup, and then restore my updated version of Beautiful.

Hopefully I wont be having to do that though. :D

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
Ok I figured out the problem.

Apparently when I rooted I created a new gmail account. And with that account I purchased SetCPU.

So I have one gmail account with Beautiful Widgets (and other various apps I've purchased) and on another gmail account I have SetCPU.

I tried linking the accounts but it's still saying I must buy it. So I'm guessing I'll have to contact the developer of SetCPU so he can refund my buy and then i can repurchase on the other gmail account?

If there are any other solutions it'd be helpful to hear them.

I'm not totally against repurchasing a product, but if I don't have to, I wont.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Instead of linking sign out of the one and sign back in with the one you used to purchase BW. Not sure it will work but it seems easier and quicker that contacting Google or the developer.

Mike

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
I'm not seeing how to log out of my account.

I don't see any options to do such.

Edit:

I had to do a factory reset to be able to remove the account. It's unfortunate if I'm going to have to do that every time SetCpu has an update.

Maybe there is a a way to just sign out?

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nor can I, therefore, my only suggestion is to remove the account that you did not use to purchase BW then use the one that you used to make the purchase. Hopefully, you will be able to download BW and install. If so, and you need the other account re-add.

Mike

gruve

Reaction score
Uh, wouldn't you be better off simply paying $2 rather than trying so desperately to find a way to correct a problem you caused?

No.
I'm entitled to something I've purchased. I see no reason to have to purchase it again.

Your call. Considering that, as you said, you've managed to break the link with the market, it strikes me that you bear the responsibility. But if you value your time so minimally, go for it.

Regardless if it's $2.00 or not, if someone is being charged twice for an app they've already paid for, it needs to be corrected so others won't run into the same problem and the creator receives double payment. Some would call this principal of the matter.

Kack

Reaction score
Yes?

I don't understand the question.

Uh, wouldn't you be better off simply paying $2 rather than trying so desperately to find a way to correct a problem you caused?

No.
I'm entitled to something I've purchased. I see no reason to have to purchase it again.

I believe he is trying to say you are going to waste more than $2 in your time fighting to get it back so that you dont have to spend $2. rather than just spending the meager dough.