Android keyboard and Google Speech Recognition

bluesummer

Reaction score
I am interested to buy an android phone. Do all android phone have android keyboard. Cause i am interested in Speech to text and email and etc.

I am planning to buy at least LG Optimus Me, which is Froyo 2.2.1. so do you think it has already Android keyboard with speak to text feature or do i still need to download a Google application for that.

My main interest to have speak to text so i can make a note to myself or send message or update facebook with Speech recognition. That is the only reason for now i would buy an android phone.

Hope i can get replies about this thanks.

frostthejack

Reaction score
Need Google voice search for it to work

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B

bluesummer

Reaction score
Need Google voice search for it to work

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

what does it mean i need voice search to work. do i always need to connect to internet even if i only use Speech Recognition to compose a message to make a note to self.

isn't it like Nexus one Speech to text which only need internet when sending email and other things that need to connect online.

but if it does need to connect on internet it is okay with me. as long as it will work.

OP
B

bluesummer

Reaction score
come on. dear android users. if you have some knowledge. please reply to my questions.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
come on. dear android users. if you have some knowledge. please reply to my questions.

Yes you need to download voice search (free on the market) & yes you need internet connection.

Last edited:
OP
B

bluesummer

Reaction score
You want immediate answers. Call Verizon.

Mike

hmm. we don't have verizon in our country.

Yes you need to download voice search (free on the market) & yes you need internet connection.

it won't be a problem then as long as it i free to download it. i wonder if that will work for any one outside US. specially here in Asian countries. or is this Google Voice search only for few countries.

Canadroid

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the LG phone you're looking at, but assuming you get it and use Google Voice service, one tip I can offer is don't turn on the setting that saves and remembers your translations in a cloud stored history...

Mine were getting progressively worse until I disabled this; I think all my mis-translates began to create a library of...well...something that wasn't my native language LOL.

OP
B

bluesummer

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the LG phone you're looking at, but assuming you get it and use Google Voice service, one tip I can offer is don't turn on the setting that saves and remembers your translations in a cloud stored history...

Mine were getting progressively worse until I disabled this; I think all my mis-translates began to create a library of...well...something that wasn't my native language LOL.

what do you mean by translations. i don't plan to use any translation to my local language. i prefer the default english language. is that what you mean by translation. anyways, i will follow your tip then not to turn on that setting. i will just immediately turn it off.

but i am not just keeping my eye on any particular phone. any phone will do that will have this google voice or any dictation of sort.