Android in the News - Week in Review 11-21-14

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We have another special treat for you guys this fine Friday afternoon! We are proud to present our very first DroidForums news brief. It's called Android in the News - Week in Review! This is our quick recap/highlight of the hottest news stories of the week. We plan on making it a regular video (with the exception of holidays - like Thanksgiving next week).

Here are the five news highlights of the week of November 17th through November 21st, 2014, in no particular order:
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Now at Most US Carriers for Crazy Price of 400 or More On Contract Android Forum at DroidForums.net
Be sure to comment throughout the forums because you never know when you might be featured in our news brief! Thanks for making DroidForums the best place on earth for Android news, discussions and entertainment!

Last edited:

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Sweet. This looks interesting. Right now it does say, 'Video is Private' at the moment but I'm pretty sure you guys are just waiting to upload it.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love to see you guys facing the camera on these!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Awesome. Love the recap concept.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I would love to see you guys facing the camera on these!
You don't think that'd be boring? Its a format that everyone seems to use, but we are certainly open to suggestions. Thanks for the input! We'll put this in our "Hmmm lets think about this" box :)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@Ollie.. I like the way they had your user name up in video when talking about throwing away money .. Hehe send some our way...

Thanks for video.. I'm also not into the side bar on Edge.. And tap to wake should be included with Nexus.. Plenty phones don't drain battery and utilize the feature.. Boohoo Google

M8 tap'd

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
First, I'm so glad you guys are upping the video game here!

Second, might want some egg crate foam or at least some blankets on the walls. Will make the acoustics better and dampen the slight "big empty room" sound. ;)

Third, OMG! OMG! They featured my comment!

In all seriousness though, excellent video for a first news breakdown guys! Keep up the great work and Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Sent from my Note 4

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Ollie.. I like the way they had your user name up in video when talking about throwing away money .. Hehe send some our way...

Thanks for video.. I'm also not into the side bar on Edge.. And tap to wake should be included with Nexus.. Plenty phones don't drain battery and utilize the feature.. Boohoo Google

M8 tap'd

I agree I like the tap to wake feature. I loved it on the lg g3 and it would be perfect on this slightly cumbersome device. The feature didn't drain battery at all on the g3.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Great video guys! I thoroughly enjoyed watching this new "week in review" segment and I look forward to future videos.
Keep up the good work!

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I Loved it!!! As was said above it would be great to see your faces in the video.
No way. Not unless ck actually looks like that creepy baby in his avatar. I've pictured him like that for years now.

Don't ruin the magic!

Sent from my Note 4

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No way. Not unless ck actually looks like that creepy baby in his avatar. I've pictured him like that for years now.

Don't ruin the magic!

Sent from my Note 4
Agree, I say keep it mysterious. Or show up with bags over their heads with their avatar on the front.

Sent from my Nexus 6