Android Email App question - default account

drpk40

Reaction score
Hey all,

On a previous version of the stock email app on android, I was able to open the email inbox, and I could have it set to open to a specific email account.
Now - it opens up a combined view always - I want one account to be the main one that is pulled up. This feature is not available in the email settings folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What phone do you have? Each manufacturer has their own "E Mail" app and the Settings are different based on the phone model / manufacturer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
D

drpk40

Reaction score
Oh, I had no idea.

It's a Motorola - Moto X 2nd Gen.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Moto X 2nd Gen uses the stock Android Mail app to the best of my knowledge. That was around the time Moto started going pure Android with very little Moto Blur overlays. It should open directly to the Inbox of the primary account. That's how it worked on my wife's Moto X and works that way on my daughters.

OP
D

drpk40

Reaction score
I'm not sure which Moto X model they have, but on the 2nd gen model it does not do that. The default is to open the combined view, and there seems as there is no option to modify that.

Any ideas?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They had / have the Verizon model. My wife's old Moto X is currently turned off and she is using a Turbo 2. I meant to grab one of my kids phones last night to check the Mail app Settings and ran out of time while packing for a work trip. I thought there was an option to set a Primary Account so it always opened to that Inbox and not the Combined Inbox? But I could be wrong, it's been a while since I setup that app on their phones.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When you open the Mail app and select the menu option, can you see each account name in the top left and select one as the primary?

OP
D

drpk40

Reaction score
I have it for Verizon as well. My previous Moto X (1st gen) had this option.

On this model - You can goto: Settings - General Settings. Then your preferences are listed, and none of them list the ability to select a primary account.