Android Dominates as Q1 Marketshare Rises to 35%

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
And yes I have no doubt there are millions of droid 1 users out there, but that's two years worth of purchasing. Iphone sold two million on vzw in like 45 days. I give credit where credit is due (again, a lot to ask on this forum, I know).

I only mention there might be 2 million Droid 1 users cuz for the iPhone to launch on Verizon and destroy Android on Verizon like some ppl predicted, or for Android to take a big hit when it launched, with it selling 2 million all Droid 1 users woulda probably had to jump ship. Or alot from the Droid 1, 2, Pro, Fascinate, X, Ally and Incredible. ( I probably left out some more Android phones on Verizon) I think there are still a good amount of users for those Android phones. Especially the Droid 1, X and Incredible.

We will see what further impact the iPhone has when other ppl's contracts are up or available for upgrades. Seeing the initial impact, Apple shoulda been on more than 1 carrier and offered older models at big discounts. One of the things I didnt like about Apple is that they tied the iPhone to AT&T.

Ah ok gotcha. You are, of course, correct. Apple made a mistake being exclusive to att and google took advantage of that for sure.