Android Developer Challenge 2 Winners!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Sorry to see screebl did not win anything. The developer website had said they made it to round 2, but must have got knocked off somewhere. Will have to try some of the winners.

Edit - Speak of the devil. Just got a screebl update that lets you disable it when on a call so the screen will black out as normal. Love that app.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I downloaded WaveSecure and have been toying with it. This is by far the best security app I have found. I have only been using it for a couple hours, but it has tons of options if you lose your phone (including remotely formatting the device and/or memory card).

griz8791

Reaction score
Sorry to be a naysayer/glass-half-full kind of guy, but I find these awards troubling. This device, though very promising, does not voice dial through a bluetooth headset, sorts contacts by first name only (the way a seven-year-would do it), does not filter e-mail at all, and comes with a music player that does not recognize genres or star ratings.

Then this list of award-winning apps comes out. These are supposed to be the very best apps for Android. On the list and all over the Android Market are a wide array of cute little toy-like applications that do this and that, but where are the missing tools for adults who need to use the device to increase their productivity?

I do not, repeat NOT, hate the Droid. I expect the situation to improve. But it's been out for a while now and I am still waiting for the floodgate of truly useful business/working person apps to open.

Flame away.

coondogg97

Reaction score
Sorry to be a naysayer/glass-half-full kind of guy, but I find these awards troubling. This device, though very promising, does not voice dial through a bluetooth headset, sorts contacts by first name only (the way a seven-year-would do it), does not filter e-mail at all, and comes with a music player that does not recognize genres or star ratings.

Then this list of award-winning apps comes out. These are supposed to be the very best apps for Android. On the list and all over the Android Market are a wide array of cute little toy-like applications that do this and that, but where are the missing tools for adults who need to use the device to increase their productivity?

I do not, repeat NOT, hate the Droid. I expect the situation to improve. But it's been out for a while now and I am still waiting for the floodgate of truly useful business/working person apps to open.

Flame away.

The Droid is great, but you are right, when it comes to e-mail and such the Droid is lacking. I prefer the cute little toy-like applications over being able to sort my mail or contacts. Everyone has their own preference for the priorities they expect in a phone. Your priorities sound like you would be better off with a BlackBerry.

SoCal65

Reaction score
Your priorities sound like you would be better off with a BlackBerry.
Sounds more like he wants to see the full potential of a great device. No crime in wanting more apps... :greendroid: