Solved Android Auto not working

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I tried using AA with my Z Flip 3 and it says device not supported. I did search online and found that this seems to be a common problem with newer Samsung devices like the Flip, the Fold, and the S21 line. It worked fine with my V60 so I know it's the phone.

Has anyone else come across this?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm using it with no issues on my flip and Fold... What steps are you taking? Is the phone Bluetooth paired to car? I set up from AA from my settings in car and found new device...

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Yes, Bluetooth is paired and I get calls and texts through the truck. I guess I'll have to look into it a little deeper. Are you using wired or wireless? I'm using wired in a 2019 Ram with a stock 8.4" touch screen (uconnect).

Update:
It works now. I think the problem was in the AA app. There is a toggle for wireless that was on by default. I turned that off and it connected immediately. I also rebooted the phone but I think it was the toggle.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, Bluetooth is paired and I get calls and texts through the truck. I guess I'll have to look into it a little deeper. Are you using wired or wireless? I'm using wired in a 2019 Ram with a stock 8.4" touch screen (uconnect).

Update:
It works now. I think the problem was in the AA app. There is a toggle for wireless that was on by default. I turned that off and it connected immediately. I also rebooted the phone but I think it was the toggle.
Glad you figured it out. I thought my new 2021 Jeep (also with the new Uconnect) supported wireless Android Auto, but it didn't work. So I use a regular old wired connection.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

Update:

Awesome happy you got it... That definitely did the trick... Mine is wireless so I guess why it connected immediately...

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Untill Android 12, Android Auto worked flawlessly when tethering my 4XL to my 2018 Chevy Equinox via USB cable. Most all of my apps, including Waze, showed up on the car's screen. Not the case now. Leave it to Google. It was so nice using Waze on the car's screen.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Untill Android 12, Android Auto worked flawlessly when tethering my 4XL to my 2018 Chevy Equinox via USB cable. Most all of my apps, including Waze, showed up on the car's screen. Not the case now. Leave it to Google. It was so nice using Waze on the car's screen.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Google deprecating traditional Android Auto in favor of their new Assistant Driving Mode? I use Google Maps and luckily it still works fine with AA and Android 12.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

Oh boy.. That's not good.. I hope there's a work around or update

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I wonder if it has anything to do with Google deprecating traditional Android Auto in favor of their new Assistant Driving Mode? I use Google Maps and luckily it still works fine with AA and Android 12.

I'm sure that it does. Google Maps worked in AA just fine. I don't get the AA icon on the car screen to make any of it work.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This is the message that comes up when trying to open AA on my phone, while tethered to the vehicle via USB. AA opened automatically once tethered before. Didn't even have to open anything on the phone.
2a2bfdd42ac2f1d032612adcd69d35bb.jpg

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This is the message that comes up when trying to open AA on my phone, while tethered to the vehicle via USB. AA opened automatically once tethered before. Didn't even have to open anything on the phone.
2a2bfdd42ac2f1d032612adcd69d35bb.jpg

And, tapping the Google Driving Mode opens the app on the phone but sends nothing to the vehicle's screen.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hey bkdodger....With my new P6 Pro I was able to activate Android Auto on my 2018 Chevy Equinox car screen. I plugged the USB cable into my phone and the car's USB input. The car's on-screen app icons includes "Projector." When I tapped on Projector, the Android Auto icon appeared. When I tapped on it, I got a message to go to Apps/Android Auto/ and Allow "Display over other apps." When I allowed, my phone's apps, like Waze, Google Maps, Apple Music, Amazon Music, etc. appeared on the car's screen. And when I tapped on the Waze icon on the car screen, the map came up on the car screen. Hooray!! When I give it a try tomorrow, I'll see if it will be more automatic. I hope that no future updates to anything, like Google Maps, won't screw things up. Tethering is a little inconvenient, but at least it works. So much nicer seeing the Waze and Google Maps screens on the car's screen than having to use the phone's.