Android 5.0 for the Nexus 4, 5, 7 & 10 Rumored to be Delayed to November 12th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lollipop-statue-hi-res.jpeg

According to the latest internet intel, Google has decided to delay the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the older Nexus devices (like the Nexus 4,5,7 & 10) until November 12th. Apparently, the culprit for the delay is simply some last minute bug fixes. It's good to see that Google is taking their time to bake this one fully before taking it out of the oven.

Of course, it works out that this will delay the launch to coincide with the official full retail launch of the Nexus 6, so that may be a big part of it too. We will keep you updated if we receive any confirmation.

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd rather wait a few extra days than have an update that needs a patch right away. Not that I use my 2012 Nexus 7 THAT often, but you know...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hope this gives App devs more time to get their stuff working. Some apps don't show up in the play store when i was using the Lollipop latest release.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago I picked up a Nexus 10 at a local OfficeMax. They had reduced the price from $499.99 to 149.90. Brand new in the box and ready to go! Couldn't let that pass by at that price. Yesterday, I got the notification that Lollipop was ready to download. Went without a hitch. Little to no impact on the the UI and seems to work very well!