Android 5.0 and new TouchWiz running on Samsung’s Galaxy S4 Video Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung Galaxy S4 owners might be excited by the above video. It's a very stable version of Samsung’s Android 5.0 Lollipop, running on the Galaxy S4! It seems obvious that Samsung is much farther along in the development stages of Android 5.0 for older devices than we might suspect this early in the game.

Of course, we also see TouchWiz running alongside Android 5.0, but for those who don't mind Sammy's UI overlay, that's not a bad thing. Regardless, even the Android purists should be impressed that Samsung is this far along in the process. It's possible that several of Samsung's current devices could be Android 5.0 ready by the end of the year!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It was very quick. Nice to see an update that doesn't bog the phone down.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Give me Nexus, or give me death.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just hope Lollipop hits my Note 4 before coming to the s4 that I gave my girlfriend so I can help her navigate it...

Glad to see that they're so far along. Maybe their claims of a quicker release this time will prove true.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Excited for Lollipop on the s4. Though I don't know if I'll hang onto my device until it comes out, especially on Verizon...they take so long to push out updates.