Android 4.4.3 May Bring Major Dialer Redesign

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-5-android-4-4-3-new-dialer-app-1.jpg

We have been hearing about the probability of an Android 4.4.3 update coming any day now, but it has yet to appear. For the most part it is rumored to be a slew of minor bug fixes. The latest intel adds a wrinkle to that theory. Supposedly, it will also include a UI overhaul for the phone dialer. Supposedly, this new dialer was spotted on a Nexus 5 that is owned by a Googler. Here's a quote with a brief description to go with the pic you see above,

The Android 4.4.3 Dialer app features a series of cards for each contact instead of a list. The cards have a colored background with the first initial of the name placed on them, but they can apparently also show a picture of the contact when one is assigned to it. Other elements in the screenshot include the top search bar and the bottom blue action bar.

We have to admit, here at HQ we like what we see. The phone dialer on the Nexus 5 isn't bad, but these new "upgrades" could be a marked improvement. What do you think?

There's no clue as to when this update will hit devices, but we are expecting it very soon.

Source: BGR

Valvoline

Reaction score
Meh, we'll see. If I wanted colored boxes, I'd get a Windows phone

1coopgt

Reaction score
Not a fan . Looks like a Windows phone to me .

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
^^^What they said^^^

Sent from my Moto X using Droid Forums

Last edited: