Android 4.2.1 Update Rolling Out to Nexus 4, 7, 10; Fixes December Bug and More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus4-Android421.jpg

Apparently, a new update to the Nexus 4, 7 and 10 is so good it actually repairs the space-time continuum. For a little while now, the month of December has been missing in the Contacts app on Android 4.2 equipped devices. This along with a few other bugs, like wonky Bluetooth, suggest that Google didn't leave the cake in the oven quite long enough. Luckily, they figured out just how much longer to prepare it, and a new Android 4.2.1 rollout is spreading out to the newest Nexus devices. This new update fixes the majority of these issues, including restoring December.

Whew! At least now Google won't have to send Andy Rubin through a time-portal to fix things!

Source: PhoneArena

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
This is great news. I like the features of 4.2 but the issues with Bluetooth made it unusable on my Nexus 7. I got the tablet mainly as a media consumption device. Which means watching videos and playing games. Without the ability to use my PS3 controller on it, I ended up having to flash it back to 4.1.2.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Must have bleeding edge update... must have 4.2.1​ now!!!

A.Brooks

Reaction score
Nevermind, I found it.

Basically for people who care...

Go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Services Framework > Clear Data

Then go check for a system update under Settings > About Device > System Updates ***NOTE*** This should show that your system is "up to date" as of 12/31/1969

If it doesn't work the first time, just rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
The pure google experience with the Nexus 7 sure beats the broken one with Galaxy Nexus over Verizon. Instant update - who knew...