Android 2.0 Home replacement resource management.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with some home replacement apps lately and was just wondering how android manages them.

I'm thinking that I could use one home replacement app like GDE for a setting like "home" with all my messaging and news widgets open. Then use another one like Home++ for something like "work" with calendar widgets and task widgets.

If I have widgets on both do they still get loaded if I'm not using that particular home replacement app? IE, would my messaging widgets take up resources and memory even though I'm currently on my "work" home setting?

I only have a basic understanding of how android manages resources, and to my knowledge the answer should be that it will automatically close the other home replacement app (with all the widgets) when it needs it.But then I'm unsure about widgets that automatically restarts itself to work in the background. I'm just unsure and wouldn't want my phone to get really lagging and was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable knew anything about it. Thanks for any help!