Andriod.process.media

Dthreap

Reaction score
I've been looking through the forum and cant find anything about this error.

I did everything to get the .340 build and re-rooted. Installed rubix and the watermark theme. Now if I open gallery, market, camera, flikie, zedge, or even get a text/phone call and im using sound instead of vibrate I get

"The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Is this a known error or am I the new guy?

Btw this has never happened to me on all the previous versions of rubix.

Thanks

teh_g

Reaction score
I've been looking through the forum and cant find anything about this error.

I did everything to get the .340 build and re-rooted. Installed rubix and the watermark theme. Now if I open gallery, market, camera, flikie, zedge, or even get a text/phone call and im using sound instead of vibrate I get

"The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Is this a known error or am I the new guy?

Btw this has never happened to me on all the previous versions of rubix.

Thanks

This error usually appears when you try to install the .340 based ROM on to .15. Did you take the OTA update at all? Or did you go from one of the old versions of rubiX to the current one?

OP
D

Dthreap

Reaction score
we unrooted to phone for the OTA then downloaded the ota and updated then rooted the phone and installed the rubix 1.9.5 rom with watermark theme on it... guess try maderstock then root again?

Last edited:

teh_g

Reaction score
we unrooted to phone for the OTA then downloaded the ota and updated then rooted the phone and installed the rubix 1.9.5 rom with watermark theme on it

Did you clear data and cache? Is the watermark theme compatible with rubiX 1.9.5?

Inkarnit

Reaction score
we unrooted to phone for the OTA then downloaded the ota and updated then rooted the phone and installed the rubix 1.9.5 rom with watermark theme on it... guess try maderstock then root again?

Also, just unrooting doesn't allow you to just install the OTA. You have to be stock. You can't load the OTA while on a ROM at all. Are you sure that the installation of the .340 update was actually successful? Because what you are describing is a textbook example of what you'll see if you load 1.9.5 on 2.3.15.

teh_g

Reaction score

Also, just unrooting doesn't allow you to just install the OTA. You have to be stock. You can't load the OTA while on a ROM at all. Are you sure that the installation of the .340 update was actually successful? Because what you are describing is a textbook example of what you'll see if you load 1.9.5 on 2.3.15.

I think he used that update.zip that can get you from anything to a stock .340. I personally dislike that file, I feel like it can't be as a safe as a good old sbf...