An easy way to make the sound from your Droid seem BIGGER

krott5333

Reaction score
grab a medium to large cardboard box, fold in the flaps on the open end, and lay it on its side with the open end facing you/your audience. Turn on some music, and lay the droid on the box. The sound creates resonance within the box and seems to improve midrange. Try different placement of the phone on the box. The middle sounds great to me.

I'm like amazed at how well this works.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
grab a medium to large cardboard box, fold in the flaps on the open end, and lay it on its side with the open end facing you/your audience. Turn on some music, and lay the droid on the box. The sound creates resonance within the box and seems to improve midrange. Try different placement of the phone on the box. The middle sounds great to me.

LOL, why not just hotwire an old speaker from one of the broken down clunkers undoubtedly rusting away in your front yard?

sorry, couldn't resist. cool idea, though

OP
K

krott5333

Reaction score

LOL, why not just hotwire an old speaker from one of the broken down clunkers undoubtedly rusting away in your front yard?

Well its funny you say that, because I am using the box as a table right now. I sold most of my real furniture because I am going to be moving soon, and I have lots of boxes laying around! So yeah, it feels a little trashy at the moment.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

that or just plug it into a reciever

i connect my phone to my reciever via bluetooth works like a champ.

OP
K

krott5333

Reaction score
well obviously plugging in external speakers would do it. I just found it interesting what a simple passive device like a cardboard box could do.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
i connect my phone to my reciever via bluetooth works like a champ.

Sigh...At some point I'm going to have to spring for a new receiver. Love my Denon, but 5 years old and no bluetooth/wifi support.