An aspiring writer and droid virgin

therealwayneallen

Reaction score
Hi. I live in Maine. I always hated phones until I got my droid. Now I am an addict. I love telling stories and writing. I have a hundred pages of notes for my first novel. It is slow going between night classes, working days, and being the father of a beautiful two year old girl.

My first question. I can log in through the default browser, but not the app for these forums. It says I might be restricted by something called tapatalk. Any ideas?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. Have you tried a battery pull to see if that would help? also you could try to uninstall and reinstall the app. If that doesnt work then an admin might have to take a look at it to see what may be restricting you from logging in. Hope this can help.

If any admins see this would it be possible for her account login to be restricted?

OP
T

therealwayneallen

Reaction score
Tried the uninstall and reisntall. Also removed and replaced the battery to no avail. Can anyone think of any other reason I can log into the not so mobile friendly site but the app that's supposed to make it friendly hates me? :(

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I use TapTalk (paid app) as well as DroidForums app (Free). Have you tried either? I've not had any issues accessing this forum with my phone's browser. Are your able to log in to your account via the browser?

OP
T

therealwayneallen

Reaction score
Browser works fine. All access to this forum has been via my droid. The app the site suggested I download is the issue at hand. I can log in via the browser but the app says my username and password is invalid or my access is restricted. I don't get it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using the DroidForum app? If so, when you enter you id and password backspace the box first and clear the area before you enter your info

OP
T

therealwayneallen

Reaction score
The app is titled droid x forums. The login area is empty but I backspaced anyhow. Still no luck. This forum suggested that app so I can only assume it is the correct one.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to the Market and search DroidForums (one word) not X.

OP
T

therealwayneallen

Reaction score
So you're telling me this site is recommending the wrong app? I hope the admins fix that so nobody else runs into this problem.

OP
T

therealwayneallen

Reaction score
Now we're working. Thanks for the help! Wish I had the right one in the first place but at least it's working. Now I can search the forums to get all the newbie answers I need. Thanks again!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying that. I'm only suggesting that you try the DroidForums app. Where are you getting the suggestion to use the X app?

OP
T

therealwayneallen

Reaction score
The very first time I visited these forums. It said it was android native and recommended I get the app. So I said ok and that was the app it gave me.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid so I'm not sure what you received on your X. We do have a sister forum for the X were you on that site and not this particular site?

Lets get you going on this site then work to correct the other issue.

Have you downloaded the DroidForums app yet?

OP
T

therealwayneallen

Reaction score
Maybe I was on the sister site. As for the original issue, all is good now. You'd suggestion worked perfectly.