Amazon's App Suite Coming on the HTC Droid DNA; First Time for a Verizon Smartphone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;kBiW6HSXfgk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kBiW6HSXfgk[/video]​

One cool "feature" that was not made obvious during the launch of the HTC Droid DNA is that Amazon's App Suite will come pre-loaded on the new phablet. This is the first time that we have seen this on a Verizon smartphone. Supposedly this is a new arrangement between Verizon and Amazon and we can expect to see other Verizon devices in the future come equipped with the Amazon App Suite. The Amazon App Suite is pre-loaded on Droid DNA’s homescreen, and gives you easy access to services like Amazon Shopping, Kindle, Zappos and more. You can actually sign in with your existing Amazon account, (almost like a Kindle Fire). You can then use Amazon’s one-click ordering and other features. Here's a press release below and a video above.

Mobile technology can simplify every aspect of daily life, including how we shop. With the holiday shopping season just around the corner, major brands like Amazon are creating a seamless mobile shopping experience for customers.

Amazon’s Shopping, MP3, Zappos, Kindle and Audible apps are currently loaded onto select Verizon Wireless Android devices, but starting this month these apps will be located within one integrated experience on the home screens of select devices and offer a single sign in option, personalized recommendations, customer reviews, one-click ordering. It also includes Amazon Prime free two-day shipping and access to over 22 million Kindle books and MP3 songs.

With Black Friday just around the corner, many consumers are looking for convenient ways to get great deals. By offering a fast and convenient, as well as secure, mobile shopping experience, holiday shoppers can quickly find that perfect gift. Just put on your favorite reindeer sweater, load up your device with some holiday music, and the festive atmosphere is complete, without the crowds.

Check out the new Amazon experience on the DROID DNA by HTC.

Source: Verizon Wireless

jayman350

Reaction score
yeah cause everyone wants their brand new smartphone loaded with as much crap as humanly possible. oh, and make sure its installed under /system/app to make sure that they have to root it to delete the apps.

i have no issues with Amazon, I love my kindle fire. But the appstore for amazon sucks, it is always at least 1 release behind the play store, and you have to keep the appstore on the phone to use any apps you have bought from it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still no Amazon video app to take advantage of my Prime membership?
Yeah I know I can use the browser but if Verizon and Amazon are going to combine bloatware at least make it a total bloat.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
More junk bloatware that I could install myself if I really needed to.