Amazon Appstore Update - New UI and International Users Now Welcome

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

amazon-app-store-logo.jpg

There were some major changes today to the Amazon Appstore App. Starting this morning, Amazon has enabled international users to take part in the Appstore for Android. They have also given the entire app a new user interface.

Another key addition in the update is ability to finally remove apps from the “My Apps” list by long pressing them.

Amazon Appstore

Last edited:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
What I would like them to remove and I have kept sending them emails about is that annoying pop up notification that lets you know there are new apps to install and updates.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
What I would like them to remove and I have kept sending them emails about is that annoying pop up notification that lets you know there are new apps to install and updates.

Yea that is annoying. Or at least an option to turn it off.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Angry Birds (the original) was free today. Probably, one of the more "higher" end free app of the day deals in a long time. With the exception of Space I got all of the Angry Birds there. Ad free.

jayman350

Reaction score
What I would love more than anything is for them to actually include release notes with app updates! It is bad enough that the Amazon appstore is so far behind the Play store when it comes to updates, then once they are available they don't say what has changed. Actually there are plenty of things I don't like about the Amazon appstore but those are the ones that really drive me nuts.

Reaction score
I'm running the amazon appstore version 2.6.53 and there is "no update found" How do I get the update, the new UI looks sick!