Amazing how times have changed...

jimboman

Reaction score
[video=youtube;s8hIaJ5WR18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8hIaJ5WR18[/video]

I thought it ironic when I (re)saw this video a couple of weeks ago. Apple, once the rebel startup introducing the Mac, is now the "IBM clone" type imprisoning users/developers in the mobile media market.

A lot has changed in the past 25 years.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's all about the $$$

OP
jimboman

jimboman

Reaction score
I always did, and still do, really dig Apple's products. They make QUALITY stuff, no doubt. It's just a shame that they've morphed into the organization that they've claimed for years they would never become.

ericwiz

Reaction score
I always did, and still do, really dig Apple's products. They make QUALITY stuff, no doubt. It's just a shame that they've morphed into the organization that they've claimed for years they would never become.

Yeah, kinda like metallica!

Appleanche

Reaction score
Apple has always been like this, at least under Job's reigns. They see closeness as a good thing and choice as a bad thing, they believe that equals simplicity.

Jobs in particular sees most (if not all) consumers as morons and sheep that need to be guided in. One of the first things Jobs did when he got back at Apple was remove the coice and limit it like we see today, and it seems like each day it only gets worse.

OP
jimboman

jimboman

Reaction score
Funny about the Metallica reference, I feel the SAME way. What an awesome band, right up until about the Black album.

Garage Days, Ride the Lightning, Kill Em All, Master of Puppets and Justice for All were GREAT. After that, seems they were more interested in chasing dollars (primary musicians in support of prosecuting Napster traders, as an example).

Most bands are turning out this way, unfortunately.