Am i normal--do i really need this droid2

SID KELLY

Reaction score
dancedroidReading all these threads where people are having problems with 'this and that'--I wonder if I'm 'normal' and 'do I really need this Droid2'-- I LOVE my phone--but all I really use it for is phone calls, texting to/from my grandkids, checking e-mails, Facebook, etc, etc.

Probably the best application I've downloaded is the ICE app--where I list my Emergency contact/ doctor info and especially my LONG medication list.

I really like and appreciate this Forum that has helped me with the few 'bugs' I've experienced--nothing really major-just annoyances.

Thanks to all the members for being helpful--

harv2000

Reaction score
The beauty of these phones is that they can become many different things as your needs develop. If you need to talk to someone, it's a phone and you can call them. If you are in your car and need to get somewhere, but aren't sure how, it's your GPS (Google Maps). If you are somewhere you can't get Glenn Beck, it's your radio (RadioTime). If you are in the grocery store and want to check the prices of things around you, scan the barcodes (barcode scanner) and shopping software will help you check local prices (Shopsavvy). If you are in Barnes and Noble and want to know what Amazon will charge for a book (SnapTell) the Droid will let you take a picture of the cover of a book and take you to the Amazon order page for that book. It can tell you what they song is you hear everywhere but can't identify (Shazam).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, you really do need a Droid 2. As do I, as I sit here waiting for my delivery. FedEX, you can show up anytime now.

harv2000

Reaction score
hey-harv2000--thanks for the reply--just gave me some other things I can do with my Droid2--THANKS!!

And, in the morning getting ready for work, you can check the email quick to see what crisis was assigned to you at 3:00 AM. You can check the news (nubinews, The Onion Network, Fox News, The Weather Channel), while commuting listen to an audio book (Audible.com). Depending on your age, drunk as a skunk at 2:00 AM, go ghost hunting (Ghost Radar), check gas prices to figure out where to stop for gas (Where), not to mention become a walking hotspot if you have a rooted Droid, a Droid 2 or a Droid x, lookup that special recipe you were going to make for your girl on (Big Oven), and when the power goes out use (LED Flashlight) to find your way to the can. These phones are fantastic.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Its not that theres a lot of bugs or problems. Its more that were all new to it and still trying to figure things out.