Am I being hoodwinked

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The latest craze are these protein cookies. Like every fitness channel has been pushing them. Well I'll admit once in awhile I get one thinking it's better alternative. Then I looked at the macros and compared it to a fiber one cookie and now I realized that I'm being hoodwinked. Yes they have more protein but the rest of the macros are almost identical. And keep in mind one protein cookie actually is two servicings though the post the macros for one. Oh and one protein cookie cost as much as a box of fiber one.

Your thoughts.
b243671a83721a54700664e2e1240d16.jpg
fd54eba877f77f643c0e58ead0324f5c.jpg
3a259c43dfae134812e78713db41b675.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Fortunately for me I'm one who can eat what I want when I want and never gain an ounce... With that said I've never been a fan of how the serving sizes are set up. If I buy a 20 ounce pop I don't care how much sugar is in 8 ounces of it. I'm drinking the whole thing so how much is in 20 oz.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't buy my 2 chocolate chip cookies yesterday, so I'm going to suffer today. Yeah, I'm in the camp of eating what taste good and not whats good for you.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
30mg cholesterol?!? That is a seriously unhealthy protein cookie. Did they ADD cholesterol, somehow, to the casein protein?
Yeah I saw that. It's like they were trying to add in fat or something to get it all to stick together. Yup everything that says good for you isn't always. In fact based on the macros I would have been better eating a real cookie. Would have gotten the satisfaction of taste, which that actually didn't taste bad considering, with probably the same calories and carbs. And minutes the cholesterol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Stay away from that crap ... Snack on healthy non salt nuts when you get a crave.. I snack on no salt sunflower seeds with no shells among other nuts.. If you look into the Kind brand granola there is some lower sugar ones not too bad..

Pixel 2 XL

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stay away from that crap ... Snack on healthy non salt nuts when you get a crave.. I snack on no salt sunflower seeds with no shells among other nuts.. If you look into the Kind brand granola there is some lower sugar ones not too bad..

Pixel 2 XL
Yeah I'm 86ing it out of my diet forever.

I just thought I would point out a problem with the fitness/diet industry. Industries and now small businesses are being built off of the lack of awareness from people.

Like Gatorade is great for athletes because the water, electrolytes, and sugars are what they need during those long 60 minute games. And plus there Gatorade on the sidelines are watered down. Yet they are sold and advertised to people who 90% of the time will not put the strain on their bodies to need Gatorade. Especially not the versions sold at the stores.

There just seem to be this push to take this or that without the true discussion of what is in it, what it does, and why I need it. The supplement industry is an unregulated billon dollar industry full of promises and some buff dude or chick posing on the box. YouTube fitness channels are pushing it because they are getting kick backs but not educating. Either people lie or are ignorant to the supplement industry.

I could continue to rant but I'm 4 paragraphs in. Lesson for going forward, read the freaking labels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
remember the mclean from mcdonald? it is now known as the mcflop :) one of the worse burgers I ever tasted and was one of their smallest. doubt anyone would have bought it if they saw the ingredients.