Alternative FM Radio tuner for Droid X that uses RDS

xmguy

Reaction score
I want to get a better FM Radio app for the Droid X than what it comes with. The RDS is almost non exisient. Displaying at best the call letters. No info like Artist and Song. Like most RDS radios display even if just the main RDS feed.

fpatano

Reaction score
I want to get a better FM Radio app for the Droid X than what it comes with. The RDS is almost non exisient. Displaying at best the call letters. No info like Artist and Song. Like most RDS radios display even if just the main RDS feed.

That is a great idea for a App, and I would be interested in developing something like that if you needed help, but do many people use the FM app in the first place? Personally I find myself using Internet Radio or SiriusXM most of the time.

If there is demand for it I would invest the time. It doesn't seem like a overly complicated app to develop, but the feature set we could get out of it would be tremendous.

Cheers.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score

That is a great idea for a App, and I would be interested in developing something like that if you needed help, but do many people use the FM app in the first place? Personally I find myself using Internet Radio or SiriusXM most of the time.

If there is demand for it I would invest the time. It doesn't seem like a overly complicated app to develop, but the feature set we could get out of it would be tremendous.

Cheers.

Sweet. Put the word out about an app for that. See if anyone bites!

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score

I use an app called TuneIn Radio. All of my local stations come in quite well.

rubiX 1.9.0 DX on the v4 Juice via DF app

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
About 30% of the radio stations do not broadcast online that I listen to. That is why the FM Radio is needed.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
About 30% of the radio stations do not broadcast online that I listen to. That is why the FM Radio is needed.

Have you tried my suggestion or even looked at it in the market?

It plays local and internet stations. Most of the stations I use this app for are only local. Out of the stations I listen to maybe only 5% have online broadcasting.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score

Have you tried my suggestion or even looked at it in the market?

It plays local and internet stations. Most of the stations I use this app for are only local. Out of the stations I listen to maybe only 5% have online broadcasting.

Yea. I have it along with an app called Xiia Live.I got the stream links to all of the (country) citidel stations. I have 10 Country stations I listen to. 5 of the 10 are NOT streamed or use a encrypted stream. Like Live360. But I have loads of of apps for streaming radio.

shown here.

CAP201012091042.jpg