Alright Bionic owners, fixes may be on the way!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Same for me on #4. I have not even used the charger that it came with yet because i have a few aftermarket ones i got for my original Droid. Even my wifes kindle charger works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I think 3rd party ones vary in the amps they put out. And I'm sure this list will grow by the time it's actually released.

jayman350

Reaction score
seems like a decent list, I haven't had a lot of the issues listed here

but the disappearing apps thing is annoying

charging while doing other stuff to basically maintain battery level sucks

the worst I have had to deal w/ is the squeal from the headphone jack, very, very annoying

too bad we will lose root access w/ this new update :icon_evil:, Moto went and patched the workaround that was being exploited...so much for Moto being ready to unlock things :icon_evil:

xandor

Reaction score
I originally wanted this phone, but after seeing the rumors of the nexus prime coming...I'm happy to wait.

knightshade

Reaction score
I'm totally confused about the bug with Touchdown not working....
Sure there could be an incompatibility, but the line:

Resolution: No resolution required, working as designed and approved by Verizon Wireless.

Shouldn't the resolution be for Nitrodesk to fix it?
This one could be a show stopper for me, as I use that program for my work email.

I originally wanted this phone, but after seeing the rumors of the nexus prime coming...I'm happy to wait.

I'm in the same boat...

Slothead

Reaction score
The charger and cable issue i didn't even know was an issue. I can confirm though that I can in fact use non motorola or verizon chargers. At least the ones I have. I have a car charger I bought at a gas station that works good. and one of the usb cables which I leave connected to one of my computers I use sometimes, well I don't even know what brand it is, so not sure, but it does work. Also a cable that came with a fascinate I use as well.

4. Issue: Non-branded Chargers:
  • The XT875 can only be charged with Motorola or Verizon Wireless branded chargers.
  • Action: No work around required.
  • Resolution: No resolution required, working as designed and approved by Verizon Wireless.
5. Issue: USB Cables:
  • The XT875 can only be used with Motorola USB cables.
  • Action: No work around required.
  • Resolution: No resolution required, working as designed and approved by Verizon Wireless.
I agree with W. Mine works with all sorts of micro-USB cables and sources. So where did this list of "issues" come from and were they just created for Verizon/Motorola revenue? What are the other "issues" and where can I find them?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I just noticed #10, that may be referring to the missing apps. Another thing that caught my eye, is in the beginning where they mention the 'FIRST' maintenance update.. I guess we are going to be getting more.

Just 2 things I noticed re-reading the list...

Human_Droid

Reaction score
The one issue I am having is whether using Dolphin Mini, the default browser, or the official Facebook for Android app, is almost every-time I go to make a status update the screen freezes sometimes requiring a soft off or battery pull.. when it does work, the keyboard doesn't always come up and sometimes it won't show the letters i'm typing... not even a cache clear will help...

I don't think it's a hardware issue. I hope not because today, Oct. 1st is my last day to return for a refund.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
why no mention about the Black Screen of Death? That is my biggest complaint. Also the 4G/3G is a total fiasco. ANother issue that needs to be addressed is a home switcher.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The one issue I am having is whether using Dolphin Mini, the default browser, or the official Facebook for Android app, is almost every-time I go to make a status update the screen freezes sometimes requiring a soft off or battery pull.. when it does work, the keyboard doesn't always come up and sometimes it won't show the letters i'm typing... not even a cache clear will help...

I don't think it's a hardware issue. I hope not because today, Oct. 1st is my last day to return for a refund.
I have never had that problem.....Maybe you should go exchange yours.