Already missing Froyo

spillner

Reaction score
Well due to a major camera issue with Froyo I had to go back to NE 1.5 OC to 1gig and let me tell you that their is no comparison. Froyo is far superior than the previous build when it comes to performance. The phone was just quick and snappy, flash could have been a little better but I'm sure it will improve over time.

Some of you might be wondering why sacrifice performance for a camera and the answer is "I use it a lot" . Almost all my pictures are outside and the quality of the photos is great. When I jumped to Froyo I became 1 out of 1000 people who got the infamous purple haze effect on all pictures and video. If you're one of the many who have had no problems with Froyo, I am very envious of you.

jasonwuzthere

Reaction score
There's a couple guys on UDM with the same problem. Apparently one of them got flamed off the irc for asking about it. Someone suggested taking the camera .apk from the first froyo leak and pushing it to the newer version.

Good Luck!:)

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
I haven't had that happen yet. I have had the camera app quit working on me a handful of times. I had to force quit the app and perform a battery pull.

huskur

Reaction score
Running UD's Beta Froyo here. I have zero issues with the camera. I would try a fresh install. Completely download the Beta Froyo again and do a data/cache wipe and try it out again. I am guessing that you may have had a corrupt download the first time. The reason i say this is because this rom has been downloaded over a thousand times and only a handful of people have this problem. Matter of fact my camera is much faster and the pics themselves seem more crisp.

OP
S

spillner

Reaction score
Running UD's Beta Froyo here. I have zero issues with the camera. I would try a fresh install. Completely download the Beta Froyo again and do a data/cache wipe and try it out again. I am guessing that you may have had a corrupt download the first time. The reason i say this is because this rom has been downloaded over a thousand times and only a handful of people have this problem. Matter of fact my camera is much faster and the pics themselves seem more crisp.

I wish that were the case but I already tried different 2.2roms other than UD and I still got the same problem. Wiped data/cache multiple times. Battery pull. Pushed cameragoogle.apk, no good. My big fear is that the camera is some how defective with 2.2 and I will have to get another phone.

jcardona1

Reaction score
yeah that really blows. i absolutely hated my phone before froyo. it was a total pile of crap. everything was slow, constant FCs and scrolling was terrible. i was on a BB 2.1 ROM. now with BB 0.1 on 2.2 that phone is great, now i see what everybody was talking about lol

tgs3838

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of when the official release will be out from Verizon?