[ROM] [Alpha] Ics4Bionic 01-25-2012

Awesome progress! I was at work playing with it. Safestrap makes things in much easier. I can't wait until the camera works

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Awesome progress! I was at work playing with it. Safestrap makes things in much easier. I can't wait until the camera works

You could try using a Market app like camera 360. I'm running CM7 on my D3 and the camera doesn't work with tht but the market apps do.

And to the Theory team, my hats off to you. I can't wait to give this a spin on my Bionic once the phone and data work :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

So how do I install this with safestrap? Do I flash completely, or is this like booting a second rom off your sd card, that way ill still have my other rom to fall back on?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I have to agree with bfirebird101, this safe strap seems a little confusing and I've done a lot between my OG Droid and my bionic but I have never used safe strap and I find the instructions a little lacking for those of us who have never used it. I don't mind soft bricking my device, done that, but I like to have a clue before I proceed. Thanks for any input provided.

" But WHY THE RUM?"

I just want to play around with it lol! I'm thinking it's how they are doing cm7 for the time being, where they just boot it up off the sd card, but since it doesn't work that we'll they can just go back to the base rom without wiping data, etc, etc. But I'm clueless

Also, I want to thank your and TH3ORY's dedcation to the incredibly locked bionic bootloader work arounds. But to ask a question...is using this like using second init? Is there a working 2nd init yet? If so, where can i go, because I want to play with CM7 :) also. Although this is light years ahead of everybody else in my opinion

Also, I want to thank your and TH3ORY's dedcation to the incredibly locked bionic bootloader work arounds. But to ask a question...is using this like using second init? Is there a working 2nd init yet? If so, where can i go, because I want to play with CM7 :) also. Although this is light years ahead of everybody else in my opinion

You can use SafeStrap to boot the cm7 alpha also. There is second init built into SafeStrap. In working in getting this to work as the main system

OK I need help. I installed safestrap, made backup, turned on safe mode, formatted system, installed the alpha, wiped data cache and dalvik, then rebooted and I sat on the boot screen for 30 min. It wasn't a bootloop. I formatted system and tried again with same results. Any tips?

I use safesystem to install the alpha that came out yesterday and then today I went to do it again and when I toggled to safe mode it backed the data up then when restoring it said restore failed and then rebooted and then bootlooped and had to reflash my backup. And this happens everytime. Any idea why?

Back