Aloha - Motorolla Droid 2 Global (Verizon)

Nalo Dude

Reaction score
I'm interested in rooting my Droid 2 to take off some of the apps, such as City ID. What can I say, I'm cheap. :)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. very easy if u really follow the instructions correctly. its fairly simple with z4 and bootstrap.
have fun

Aloha from Hawaii...

OP
N

Nalo Dude

Reaction score
Welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us and you wouldnt happen to be from HI would you? Also feel to check out the link below on "rooting". Once your rooted you have superuser access to your phone similar to a windows computer. You can add and remove what ever you like. Hope this can help out and be sure to make yourself at home.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...root-custom-recovery-sim-unlock-tutorial.html

I'm in Kailua. Mahaloz for the link. I was getting *Access denied* but followed your link and I got z4root. The *SU* command worked after I loaded z4root, and I was able to remove CityID. Mahaloz!
icon_%20banana.gif

OP
N

Nalo Dude

Reaction score
Ur right Hawaiian Princess. I followed the instructions provided and I got to removed CityID. : )

OP
N

Nalo Dude

Reaction score
right on bruddah. I live central side. how's the rain? still going here

Aloha from Hawaii...
It's kinda strange. Heavy downpour...stops. Now there's gusting winds ... off and on. Could be worse ... I could be at work. :)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad the link could help there Nalo and im glad you could successfully root that D2G. I see you met the princess of the big island tho haha

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
and u have now met James! any ?s Halo, just ask. 252 is our up and coming techy...great guy

Aloha from Hawaii...

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Princess ur also a very friendly and helpful person. I hope I can get the tech career goin but like mentioned above if u have any questions u can ask. Also u can pm me questions if u really need to. Helping out and helping ppl troubleshoot is what the community is about.

Sent from my Liberated D2

bassdj

SliceThemez Theme Creator
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
iamandroid.co
i suggest checking out Get R Done

200th Post!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
If u have done any testing or if u have used get-r-done for a while how is it? Pretty stable rom?

Sent from my Liberated D2

norrow5210

Reaction score
hello

hello,guys,i am sandy cai ,come from Washington Sealttle,i want to make friends here.....