aLogcat - how long does it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

creaky

Reaction score
I'm on CM7 and have been having a force-close issue with an app. I downloaded aLogcat to generate a log to send to the dev but when I open aLogcat, it just goes to a white screen and I get a pop-up saying "Reading logs, please wait." It's been like this for a couple of hours. Am I doing something wrong?

Natey2

Reaction score
aLogCat works fine for me. I use it all the time. Startup is pretty fast.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

kevinkar

Reaction score
It never takes more than about 5 seconds to display data after the "Reading Logs" message. If the message goes away and you see just a blank screen, then maybe you have a bad filter set or your preferences are set to show nothing. If the "Reading Logs" message stays, it sounds like aLogCat is frozen. Can you get to the aLogCat preferences by pressing the Menu button?

OP
creaky

creaky

Reaction score
yes, the pop up goes way after a few seconds and just leaves me with a blank screen.

I can open filters and tried pressing clear; that takes me back to the blank white screen and the pop up (Reading logs, please wait), which goes away in a couple of seconds.

I've also tried pressing clear from the menu and the same thing happens.

I can get into preferences where the settings are:

Level - verbose
Format - brief
Text size - medium
Background color - white
Auto scroll - checked
Log output/HTML - unchecked
Periodic save - unchecked

Any clue???

Thanks for the help....

kevinkar

Reaction score
Make sure no filter is set (when you go to the filter option, make sure there's nothing typed in the filter box.

Under Preferences, I have set:

Verbose
Time
Main
Medium
White
Auto scroll is off
Periodic Save is off

I get data scrolling away.

Check the menu again and make sure it's not paused. I usually hit pause, then clear, and it starts back up scrolling again.

You could also try going to the application manager, finding aLogCat, do a Force Close then a Clear Data, then start it up again. Worst case you could uninstall and reinstall it.

Let us know if any of that works.

OP
creaky

creaky

Reaction score
Thanks, kevinkar.

I tried all of the above - put in your settings, made sure there was no filter, hit pause and clear, and did the same thing: got the popup "Reading logs, please wait" and then nothing. Force closed it and cleared cache. Same thing. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same thing. Emailed the dev this morning but haven't heard anything.

Is there another app that does the same thing? I'm really not having any luck here....

Natey2

Reaction score
Try the CatLog app to see if it can read your logs ?

OP
creaky

creaky

Reaction score
Not getting anything with CatLog, either. Makes me think something is screwy with CM7 or something....

Natey2

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly...

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

OP
creaky

creaky

Reaction score
Did a data and cache wipe and reinstalled cm7 and all is working. Thanks all for your help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.