Ally help!!!

bradaiken

Reaction score
i got an ally not to long ago. i love this phone, battery life sucks but hey it does everything i needed and more, i was looking around at the apps and found something called ahome mini, i downloaded it along with a volcom theme to go with it and when i opened the ahome mini it gave me a error message and now i dont have a home screen it just says "Sorry! the application aHome Mini (process com.mappn.ahomemini) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." along with a force close button at the bottom. now i can still work my way around to get texts and make phone calls but thats about it. is there a way i can reset my home theme so this will stop??? can some one plz help???

OP
B

bradaiken

Reaction score
i can get to my home screen to get to my uninstaller... is there another way to uninstall it?

dtartini

Reaction score
Yeah from the market. Market>menu>dwnloads...click on the app then click uninstall fyi I don't have an ally but the principle is the same

OP
B

bradaiken

Reaction score
yeah but i cant even get to my market.. the error message just keeps poping up over and over and over i dont even have time to click any thing. the only thing i have is the drop bar that comes from the top of screen, and when i hit send i can bring up my call log, contacts and my phone but thats it...

dtartini

Reaction score
Can you press the menu button? If you dont have any applications open when you press the menu button you should be able to manage apps. If that doesnt work...You could try reseting the phone like you mentioned but I think that would be a last resort. Maybe a good ol' fashioned battery pull? I would have let someone with an ally reply but it just didnt happen...so your stuck with me unless these bumps gets someone who has a better solution.

Last edited:
OP
B

bradaiken

Reaction score
nope just tried menu button doesnt work either.. i even hooked it up to this computer and there is nothing on here about aHome Mini. i dont even know how i would reset the phone i mean its only a couple days old i wouldnt mind resting it as long as it works again ya know...

dtartini

Reaction score
You can boot the phone into recovery mode and to a factory reset. Im not sure if its different on the Ally though than the droid. For the droid you turn the phone off, then press and hold both the power and x button untill it boots into the recovery menu. From there you will be able to do a factory reset.

dtartini

Reaction score
If that doesnt boot it into recovery just research it more on how to do it but Im sure once you get the recovery screen you can do a factory reset.

OP
B

bradaiken

Reaction score
i looked around but i cant find a boot sequence for the recovery mode... i looked it up and found nothing.... i don't have an x button lol idk what to do...

OP
B

bradaiken

Reaction score
this worked but i lost every thing... thank you so much you saved me alot of trouble =]

jrock204657

Reaction score
If you hold down the call, menu, and call end buttons at the bottom of the phone it will reboot into recovery.