Allow automatic updating???

dazoe

Reaction score
So yesterday suddenly I saw my phone updating a crap load of apps. After some checking I noticed that ALL of my apps suddenly got set to allow automatic updates. Wondering if anyone else had this problem. And if its just me what would cause this to happen? I wasn't using the market at all, infact it was a busy work day so I wasn't using my phone much at all.

Something else that was odd is even some apps that updated didn't stay in the notification bar like they should have.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
There's a setting in the market to auto update. It's not a problem, it's a feature - and a needed one. I can't tell you how many people I know that weren't updating them.

OP
D

dazoe

Reaction score
Ok that explains why they are all set to auto update. But why would it update all the apps suddenly? And a side note I haven't received a notification for updates from the market since day one. I prefer to manually update apps cause I like to read the change log.

Snow02

Reaction score
Because the market auto updated, the default setting is to auto-update, and you apparently had a bunch of apps you hadn't updated. It won't notify you, and the updates won't stay in the notification bar. The idea is for it to be a transparent process.

You can turn the option off in the market settings.

OP
D

dazoe

Reaction score
apparently had a bunch of apps you hadn't updated.
That is part of my point. Before all of this happened I didn't get any notifications for updates. Also when I went into the market before it wouldn't even show all of the apps I had installed in the my apps part. Maybe since the market update this will work correctly. But it will be a pain to change all of my apps back to not auto update.

Edit: after changing the option it changed all of my apps for me.

davishusband

Reaction score
I believe if any permissions have changed it won't auto update. I don't think you have to worry about that anyways.