Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Rumor has it that Play Music will get a $15/mo for up to 6 family members plan announced today. Here's hoping that's right. If nothing else, it'll save the wife and I a little cash each month.

I get emails from Samsung as well, but I always just delete them from the notification and/or without opening them.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Rumor has it that Play Music will get a $15/mo for up to 6 family members plan announced today. Here's hoping that's right. If nothing else, it'll save the wife and I a little cash each month.

I get emails from Samsung as well, but I always just delete them from the notification and/or without opening them.

I share my GMusic account right now between 3 phones. You can have it on up to 5 devices. I'm pretty sure it is meant to be just your 5 devices, but if the iPhones in the house outweigh the Android devices I might make the switch. You never can tell in my family which way they will go. Right now it is 3 Androids versus 1 iPhone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. It's supposed to be 5 of your own personal devices. I'm not a fan of logging my account into other people's devices. Obviously it wouldn't be a big deal on Music until you get into recommended music. I like to use "I'm feeling lucky radio" and have found some great music that was and through other recommendations that I'm not sure I would've discovered elsewhere. Having other people's tastes mixed in with my own would muddy that, I believe. Kinda like before we got the android TV upstairs and only had Netflix through the DVD/blueray player. That player didn't allow for selecting a profile, so I'd get suggestions based on things my wife and stepson watched when I launched Netflix downstairs in my man-cave. Would be nice to have "profiles" or something similar and keep things more separated if I'm going to share the subscription.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
So since this app is going away how will normal users uninstall it? Isn't this a pre-installed app on some phones?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've got Milk Music disabled on my Note 4.

Every article I see about this specifically says Milk VIDEO is going away. I've seen no mention of Milk Music going away. Though similar & connected, I don't believe they're the same thing.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ah! Well that is good news. I've never seen Milk Video.